can trainee's get insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma's nails

Reaction score
hi all. my table in a salon is getting really busy, and is getting a bit too much for me....my sister wants to train in nails and asked if i can train her. i've happily said yes, i'll show her the basics and along with that she's doing the home learn from essential nails.

does any one know if she can get insured as a trainee before she qualifies as i want her to be covered in the salon???

if so, by which company

i'll be doing special trainee days for her with half price enhancements/manicures etc.

thanxs

I think professional guild of beauty does student cover, not sure whether they do it for nails tho, but it may be worth while you giving them a ring, i read on the website that if you take out student insurance then wen you get qualified then you can get half price full insurance which is quite good!!

Good luck!!!
xxxx

mand@pinkz said:
I think professional guild of beauty does student cover, not sure whether they do it for nails tho, but it may be worth while you giving them a ring, i read on the website that if you take out student insurance then wen you get qualified then you can get half price full insurance which is quite good!!

Good luck!!!
xxxx

Sorry just checked for you I need to correct myself, it's babtac who do the student insurance with 1/2 full cover! check out the website

www.babtac.com
"Student member - a person who is currently training within the beauty profession. Covered by limited Legal Liability/Treatment insurance for case studies. Includes a FREE starter pack and badge! [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you join as a student, when you are qualified, you will be entitled to your first year’s full membership with insurance at half price."[/FONT]

Sorry again!!

Please notice that the BABTAC student cover is only for Case Studies so wouldnt be of use in a salon environment. Why not contact your current insurers and ask for their advice. Most hairdressers have trainees who work on clients I assume they must be insured so dont think it would be any different for the Nail industry.
HTH
KxXx

Latest posts

Back