can you contaminate a gel brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

i have two crystal touch brushes-one for gel and another for using scrubfresh for touching up smiles

the scrubfresh one is looking a bit odd now, compared to the other

is it contaminated or just overworked (must get those smilelines looking better without the need for scrubfresh to tidy them up!:rolleyes: )?

how cani tell if its contaminated?

x

Not heard of it before, what do you think it may be contaminated with? What is happening to make you think it's contaminated?

I know my old sable brush that I use for tidying up nail polish with NailFresh as gone a bit frayed and is looking a little battered (brush slayer strikes again!)

Trin
xx

It's prob the scrubfresh affecting it

why would the scrubfresh affect it?

it is looking frayed, the bristles arent 'sticking' together any more-its harder to do smiles now its like this!

why does this happen?
x

ps, can i use gel brush and scrubfresh for tidying smiles for polish?
x

I stopped cleaning my gel brushes as I just found they didn't like it - it's synthetic don't forget.

I agree with Sassy ... never have cleaned mine.

you mean you leave the old gel on the brush

i wipe mine with scrubfresh after i have used it....should i not be doing this....?

Most gel brushes are synthetic hair and therefore scrubfresh etc will dry out the hairs of the brush and cause them to fray and go fluffy.
Just wipe the brush with a tissue or cotton pad and store out of direct sunlight.

I just wipe it with a clean tissue.

I do not use ScrubFresh as it tends to make the end of the brush 'furry' eventually.

My brush never goes hard and I've never had the slightest problem.

How does mine go hard then, when I get it back out? Am I not putting it to bed properly?

You are probably leaving it out, maybe near a window? Where uv light can get to it and cure the gel on the brush!

:) Hiya hun, nice to chat again!!! :)

No...it goes in its little black coffin with tissue around it!! It goes in there straight after last application and a little brush with a pad with scrubfresh on!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

long time no speak!
Are you leaving the pad with scrubfresh on inside the box with the brush? If so this would make the bristles dry out and fray, just wipe excess off after using it.

xx

Oceana said:
long time no speak!
Are you leaving the pad with scrubfresh on inside the box with the brush? If so this would make the bristles dry out and fray, just wipe excess off after using it.

xx
And so...we meet again ...ha ha ! (yes I am going mad!)

erm...no not leaving scrubfresh pad in coffin...wiping excess off. Maybe I'm not wiping my brush enough before he goes to bed!

It's not hard ...just a little stiff!!

Latest posts

Back