Cancellation nightmares!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creativexox

Reaction score
Hi
I'm a hair extension technician. I started advertising from mid Feb onwards and so far only had one paying client!
I have had so many (sooo many!) bookings for consultations but every single one has resulted in a cancellation.
I'm at my whits end with it now. I always send a courtesy message to remind them of the appointment and they always either come up with a poor excuse or just point blank ignore me :/
I really don't want to go writing snotty messages on my business Facebook, nor do I want to charge a deposit for consultations but I'm really starting to consider it?
Also, where else/what else is a good way of advertising? I'm using Facebook at the moment along with gumtree and Shpock.. and "word of mouth" which has resulted in a few no show bookings! Xx

I'm a hairdresser and have just set up self employed and having a similar problem. Had people cancel 3 minutes before an appointment and it's so frustrating, to them it's just a hair appointment but they don't realise it's our living! I'm definitely considering taking non refundable deposits as noone likes to lose money so less chance of them letting me down x

I'm just starting out as freelance and have been wondering about this, I have my eyebrows microbladed and my technician uses Ovatu and has it set so that's how you make your appointment and you have to enter your payment details as a security measure and if you cancel within a certain timeframe or don't show it takes a % of the appointment cost. It might be worth looking into, your customers know what they are agreeing to when they book and she has said it's pretty much stopped her cancellations and no shows.

Thanks for the advice, it's so frustrating.
My books are full most of the time but what good is that when none of the people show up!
It's hard enough advertising and pushing for business all the time as it is. I think the final straw was 2 clients had booked an appointment together and I had to chase them to find out if they were coming, I then got 2 different excuses that didn't match up and had wasted my time waiting in for them :/
At least if I say a deposit is required, it can be put towards the cost of hair if they show up and decide to go ahead xx

Hi
I'm a hair extension technician. I started advertising from mid Feb onwards and so far only had one paying client!
I have had so many (sooo many!) bookings for consultations but every single one has resulted in a cancellation.
I'm at my whits end with it now. I always send a courtesy message to remind them of the appointment and they always either come up with a poor excuse or just point blank ignore me :/
I really don't want to go writing snotty messages on my business Facebook, nor do I want to charge a deposit for consultations but I'm really starting to consider it?
Also, where else/what else is a good way of advertising? I'm using Facebook at the moment along with gumtree and Shpock.. and "word of mouth" which has resulted in a few no show bookings! Xx
I was going to post something similar until I came across your post. I have recently qualified as hair extension technician and I currently have an offer for free fitting, customer just pays for the hair so that I can get some practice in. I had 10 people enquire and book in for a colour consultation. I had them all booked in back to back on Monday (bank hol) and every single one, ALL TEN cancelled!!!!! I was so frustrated and my boyfriend is now pushing me to take a non refundable deposit towards the hair so make sure this doesn't happen again, but wasn't sure what to do as they are models. I see soooo many people on my Facebook in our industry having to put their foot down on deposits and most customers are understanding... Sometimes it needs to be done - this is our job, not a hobby and people forget that xxx

That's exactly it, it's not just a hobby we are trying to make a living..
My business page has been going mad today which is typical as I've said I'm not available for bookings this week! lol it's all just a nightmare for me at the moment.. my partner also bugs me about charging a deposit, I think he just hates seeing me get walked all over and let down xx

It does happen sometimes. Recently a lady cancelled the day before her hair extension training day. We have emailed her and are waiting for her to give us a new date when she would like training.

Latest posts

Back