Cancellation policy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alana

Reaction score
What do you guys put as a cancellation policy??
especially those who work mobile as im not to sure what to write- just printing my leaflets.
Thanks x:biggrin:

hey,
In my salon we require 24hrs notice for cancellations. when the client is making the appointment we take a credit card number plus their contact number (usually mobile telephone) That way if your client doesnt show up 50% of the treatment cost is charged to their credit card. This usually discourages client from not turning up.
Hope this helps!:biggrin:

maybe i could pretend to have a card system... even tho i don't ... just so they think they will be charged if they don't cancel. That way i might not be sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

£5 deposit on booking & 24 hours notice to cancel. If they don't turn up or don't give 24 hours notice, they lose their deposit. At least then you don't lose out completely if they don't turn up. A deposit is easy enough if it is a regular customer, it might just be a little difficult if it's a new client if you are mobile. I suggest that you phone clients the night before, or in the morning to confirm that they still want the treatment. HTHs

I don't think they're worth the paper they're written on. Personally, I would write a friendly reminder that any cancellations should be made as early as possible. Then, if they cancel more than once, I wouldn't bother with them. Let's face it, getting the cancellation fee out of them is one thing and then there'll be bad feeling. xxx

Toni Talons said:
maybe i could pretend to have a card system... even tho i don't ... just so they think they will be charged if they don't cancel. That way i might not be sitting around twiddling my thumbs.
If you pretend to have a card system, they may want to pay instead of cash or cheque.

Urban Geek said:
If you pretend to have a card system, they may want to pay instead of cash or cheque.

damn, never thought of that! i have got on my appt cards, please give 24 hours notice for cancellations. i must admit i don't get many cancellations. about 4 since i started which is hardly anything... but two of those were in the last 48 hours, which is why i'm so peed off, but mostly they are ok and turn up. i have more of a problem with people being late.

reguards to cancellations i would rather someone text me ten minutes before to say they cant make it , rather than not turn up.
it used to make me quite angry but now if i get a cancellation or a non attender well its kettle on and some peace.
its hard to charge for cancellations the only people i used to know that did this is dentists, hairdressers dont.
as for first clients phone them 24hrs before appointment or send them a text, i have had non attenders at home before but while mobile i have never found a client not in.

The one that didn't turn up on Friday night only rang me on Thurs to arrange the appt. i sent her a polite text asking her if she forgot or got the "friday" mixed up and to give me a call if she wanted to rebook. never got a reply. like you say, i don't mind if they ring 10 mins before hand, it just really annoys me when they just don't turn up.

The one that came today was supposed to bring her mom for an appt too but didn't, came half hour late, but she was forgiven because she was polish and could not take down directions, had lost my number, and she came in a taxi that had let her down and had previously been to a chinese salon so it gave me a chance to sound all professional and spout on about NSSs. :biggrin:

thanks everyone- i just wanted some idea of what to write on my leaflet.
Im gooing with something along the lines of - if you can't make your appointment please call to cancel at least 24 hours in advance thankyou. somethiing like that.
hopefully i wont get too many tho!!
:rolleyes:

With Xmas coming up, the beauty salon where I will be starting next week asks clients to pay a 50% deposit in December to secure their appointment. The have to pop into the salon to pay the deposit cash. Want to avoid cancellations particularly during a precious busy period.

Get really fed up with people not turning up or cancelling on the day. Had 4 today alone. Luckily as i'm nails and beauty these were only short appointments but it was still over £30 down the drain. All were regulars and had good excuses but even so i'm still peed off. Dont charge as this would create bad feeling and they wouldn't come back next month so best to just accept it,

i normally take the address and telephone number incase i neeed to contact them i was thinking of asking for a deposit for treatments over £10 but still they might not even come in to the salon to pay the deposit.
so what do i do just sit and wait and loose money or ask them for a deposit

I make a habit of phoning people about 1/2 an hours after the appointment time if they are ''no shows'' just to see what excuse I get. I had one who phoned me the day I was going on holiday to arrange an appointment, I told her when I was due home and she remembered that and rang me to arrange one for the next day and then didnt show up!!! I rang her and she didnt even seem to know what I was talking about and then said ''oh yes, I cant come'' and put the phone down!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :mad: :irked:

Marilyn said:
I make a habit of phoning people about 1/2 an hours after the appointment time if they are ''no shows'' just to see what excuse I get. I had one who phoned me the day I was going on holiday to arrange an appointment, I told her when I was due home and she remembered that and rang me to arrange one for the next day and then didnt show up!!! I rang her and she didnt even seem to know what I was talking about and then said ''oh yes, I cant come'' and put the phone down!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :mad: :irked:
i have had 2 no shows in as many weeks.
i also ring them up after they havent turned up...guess what no one answers the phone...lol

Latest posts

Back