Can't find a salon to work in, starting to give up.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leigh2011

Reaction score
I actually found a collage that Is close and will fund my Level 2. Which I'm sooo excited about, but now can't find a hairdressers that I know is any good, I'm really worried about going to a hairdressers that will be not so good, I called Toni and guy but they told me they only take on school leavers and they wasn't very interested. This was upsetting as it's the only really good known hairdressers near by. I'm not bothered if it's not a big well known salon just want a salon which is really going to help me learn, ladies or gents do you know any hairdressers that is looking for a apprentice I'm 21 hard working and really wanting to learn, just don't know where to even start looking, I've had to many fall backs, where I'm thinking I'm getting somewhere and then someone tells me that it's no good,then I'm back to square one ! Now hairdressing is defo what I'm going to do no matter what, just need to find a salon. I live right near to lakeside soooo if you know anywhere not to far that may be interested in a apprentice please could you let me know, xxxxx:biggrin:

You will find someone to take you Hun I was 23 when i started, but I do feel like you right now as I had to move to Dorset away from Yorkshire and can't find anyone willing to take on a just qualified 25 year old it's sooo depressing as I truly feel that I can give sooo much and I do well for just being qualified, have a few mobile clients but don't really want to be mobile so soon, oh boohoo sorry I just hi jacked your post!! You will get someone Hun hang in there!!! Xxxx :)

I actually found a collage that Is close and will fund my Level 2. Which I'm sooo excited about, but now can't find a hairdressers that I know is any good, I'm really worried about going to a hairdressers that will be not so good, I called Toni and guy but they told me they only take on school leavers and they wasn't very interested. This was upsetting as it's the only really good known hairdressers near by. I'm not bothered if it's not a big well known salon just want a salon which is really going to help me learn, ladies or gents do you know any hairdressers that is looking for a apprentice I'm 21 hard working and really wanting to learn, just don't know where to even start looking, I've had to many fall backs, where I'm thinking I'm getting somewhere and then someone tells me that it's no good,then I'm back to square one ! Now hairdressing is defo what I'm going to do no matter what, just need to find a salon. I live right near to lakeside soooo if you know anywhere not to far that may be interested in a apprentice please could you let me know, xxxxx:biggrin:

Toni and guy are really not good!! If you want to get a job in a salon try, writing your cv up, hair done....obvious one! Dressed decently and go round every salon individually and ask!! Volunteer yourself!! Anything!! Just get out there and do it! Whatever the weather.

Toni and guy are really not good!! If you want to get a job in a salon try, writing your cv up, hair done....obvious one! Dressed decently and go round every salon individually and ask!! Volunteer yourself!! Anything!! Just get out there and do it! Whatever the weather.

I agree don't give up at the first hurdle!! You never know whats around the next corner - and don't discount independent salons - just because they're not a global brand doesn't mean they're no good, they can still give you the experience you need :) xxx

Latest posts

Back