Caught between the devil & the deep blue sea!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting .. I was beginning to think I was the only dinosaur on the block! :D

I too should of read the date. I panicked reading these posts thinking no not another one we are barely out of the last one.. Some great ideas here though for getting abd keeping clients. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I "made it through the rain", as I have been in business over 10 years now...but I have to say, I think if I'd had a salon instead of working from home, it might be a different story. What saved me I think was that if I wasn't working, at least there wasn't any money going out.

Interesting to read back through the thread.

Hi Everyone,

Well, my kids and I have probably been through one of the worst times of my life when my marriage broke down in 2010 (I wont go into detail). But, I picked myself up, shook myself off and decided to open a shop as I felt my business wasnt "professional enough" working from home! I did fab for the first 12 months, the business grew and I had 3 lovely girls working for/with me. Then it kind of went down hill. The premises we were located in, (10 Bridge Clinic in Chester) closed the wellness centre and I lost of lot of trade. I decided to make the difficult decision to go back to working from home before I got into too much debt. I also had staff problems with the girl I regarded as my best friend (she was my friend before I employed her). I was very depressed for about 3 months or so and felt like complete failure. However, after that, my business soared, and with the help of friends and clients I once again picked myself up. My business seems to be steadily growing, but I still have these hicoughs of reoccuring problems with certain clients (the dreaded lifting!) but am making sure I keep my training ongoing. I miss the companionship of working in the shop, but I think for me personally the good points outweigh the bad - plus I have rediscovered my inner Geek!! I still see alot of the clients I had there, plus the staff who work there who are all wonderful! I have just had a major makeover in my salon room at home so things have settled nicely.

Oh, and Im getting married in 7 weeks! :p

Im in a totally different place to where I was when I started this post in July 2008 - can you believe that was 6 years ago?!

xx

Great to have an update from you Sarah after all this time...and a happy ending, despite the tough times getting there.

Latest posts

Back