Certificate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h3llsb3lls

Reaction score
Hi guys....this is the first time i have posted on here

i am a mobile beaut and have literally just started out.....with regard to my certificates....do i need to carry them with me when i go to see a client....if i do need to take them is there any reason why I should not have them laminated?

your advice is much appreciated.

No need to take them with you especially as you could misplace them. :hug: I don't know about laminating them, I am sure that would not be a problem, it may preserve them better.

I agree with weezie, you don't need to take them. You could photocopy them and keep them in your car, just incase :)
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks so much for replying...i really wasn't sure....so much to think about when your just starting

Hi there h3llsb3lls and welcome, im sure that you will spend many happy hours soaking up the info posted on this site, typing in your lead words from your question will usually give hours of reading material.
Yours is an interesting question, i'm sure that you wouldnt dream of working on 'real clients' without insurance, having the insurance would surely be proof that you are qualified? i would photocopy this document, laminate and carry keep it with you, should a client ask to see it you could produce it.
Certificates, i wouldnt laminate the originals, photocopy and laminate those.
Do new therapists have an obligation to tell clients that they are newly qualified?, providing you are confident and carry out the treatments as per instruction, receive additional training and perfect treatments in the areas that you feel a bit wobbly in, would the client ask?. I'v not looked at your profile so dont know your age, being on the mature side myself i think that clients will assume that i have experience behind me. Im not sure if volunteering info is wise when trying to build a client base, clients may give you a wide berth.
Hopefully the more experienced geeks will give some imput!
Best of luck, Jackie b xxx

Thanks Jackie.....thats really helpful...photocopying them is a really good idea....and like you say i guess your insurance cert is the most important one clients may ask to see. To be honest I have not really been shouting about the fact i am newly qualified only mentioning it if they ask during the treatment and let them judge for themselves.....i had one girl look terrified when i told her i had just finished training (i was about to wax her bikini...lol)...but after the treatment she said I was better at it than the girl she normally goes to which was such a confidence booster......i just hope all the money i have put into it over the last month pays off.....i keep thinking i have everything and then i find there is something else i need!!!....its so stressful but exciting at the same time....i guess only time will tell....

I know exactly where you're coming from, i' sure its less expensive to set up at home, mobile bits and bobs cost a fortune - couch, stool, folding table, trolley to transport, manicure/pedicure unit the list could be never ending if you let it. Theres way more choice if setting up as static plus weight of equipment isnt an issue. I'm just about there now.
Waiting for my OPI order from their recent crazy sale, disappointed today because my Matis order didnt arrive as arranged :cry: no doubt it will arrive whilst out 2moz:grr:
You sound as if you've got off to a good start, good for you :hug:

oh its soo expensive......and that couch is the bain of my life already lol....it weighs so much!!.....this website is fab tho....don't know what i would do without it......good luck hun its all got to pay off eventually!

Latest posts

Back