Change to new product...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently changed products. Received a phone call from oneof my clients today making an appointment for infills, however i said oh it is that timealready. She replied to be honest i dont think they are as good as the other ones you did (old product). She said 1 has split, 4 have lifted, i have done the same prep on all & not had any probs with this before.

I am doing her nails on Saturday but am very abrehesive about them i dont want her to think i dont know what i am doing,feel a bit disheartened as she has been with me for about 3 months now & i think she is getting fed up as this is 2nd time with new products we have hadprobs.

I know without you all seeing them you cant really comment, however please fromone geek to another any help would be fab!

:hug:

Well this is one of those things isn't it?

Whenever you tell a client you have changed to a new product, they then take the opportunity to blame the product or the technician for all the faults they probably experienced before with the old product!! If they have a bad week ... woops it must be the new product NOT ME!! I'll have some free nails please!

However different products do handle differently and they can take some getting used to so ask your clients for a little patience if needed till you get it all together. If you think its you or the product, then freebies are in order.

The most important thing is to keep you chin up chick!
You have just changed product and as Gigi has said it will take a little time to adapt.
Is this the only client you have had since the change over that has had problems?
Let us know more info when you get to see the nails for yourself.

Hi

Just out of interest louise which products were you using/have swapped to?

Hello Louise,

Have you talked to your Ezflow Educator about the probs you are having since using ezflow?

As you know I am using ezflow now and love it but each set of nails I do since my course I talk over any probs with my educator through text, email and she gets straight back to me. I send her photos of the nails I have done and when she gets time she gets back to me.

I just thought this may be a good idea.

I am sure the nails are fine try not to worry too much (easer said than done LOL!)

Caz xxx

I haven't changed my products as such but tried out some new tips on myself before I tried them on clients and three have cracks in them. I'm glad I tried them on myself and not clients 1st.

sorry to butt in, but since starting using brisa, i have a cpl of heavy handed clients-one a biter, both with very wide nails.

both have had a new set applied, both have not made it to their infills

one re-arranged her scheduled appt that was supposed to be lastnight and said-i dont think the gel was as strong (as opposed to backscratchers extrene)
she said she had cracks in the tips (clear creative tips) and then lost them all

the other said she had lost a cppl last week, so we arranged a repair appt and she cancelled, then wanted that appt again but it had been took so by the time of her infills she had none left

is this my fault or not the right product for my clients or are they just not caring for them, i am wearing brisa (cpl of breakages at first as they are different to wear and get used to(not loads of breakages) but they are fine now

xxx

Thanks all for your advice, i am going to pass these comments onto client (well not in so many words but will ask her what she is doing with her nails).I have used produce on other clients & no probs have appeared.

Just feel a bit stupid when client says well theyare not as good as the first set(the ones with old product) sometimes people really know how to knock your confidence.

I will let you all know how it goes on Saturday. :D

buttonmoon54321 said:
sorry to butt in, but since starting using brisa, i have a cpl of heavy handed clients-one a biter, both with very wide nails.

both have had a new set applied, both have not made it to their infills

one re-arranged her scheduled appt that was supposed to be lastnight and said-i dont think the gel was as strong (as opposed to backscratchers extrene)
she said she had cracks in the tips (clear creative tips) and then lost them all

the other said she had lost a cppl last week, so we arranged a repair appt and she cancelled, then wanted that appt again but it had been took so by the time of her infills she had none left

is this my fault or not the right product for my clients or are they just not caring for them, i am wearing brisa (cpl of breakages at first as they are different to wear and get used to(not loads of breakages) but they are fine now

xxx
Brisa is as strong as can be and exceptionally durable if applied correctly.

The biggest mistake most make when using gels is to 'paint' them on and not build in the strength needed to withstand every day use. This is due to inexperience with the gel NOT the gel itself.

I have been wearing Brisa for several months now and find it as strong as any other system I have ever used. Not had a speck of trouble, not even broken one yet. Now we are all different and give our nails different levels of 'stick' so to speak but I can tell you this ... if Brisa is not acting as strong as Extreme, (which is not an exceptionally strong system) then you are not building the 'balance' in to the Brisa enhancements.

thanks geeg
will get practicing!
x

I have just changed from LCN gels to Brisa. I firstly tested the product on me to see how it faired - I never launch things on my clients until I've fully tried and tested them first.

However as each client comes to me for their latest infills I just ask them out of politeness that they are okay with me using a new product. None have objected so far. The next thing is to show 110% belief in the new product, any wavering or doubting will soon rub off onto the client ie " it should be okay, but any probs and let me know". Like Geeg says, if you say this then if they have probs then they will automatically blame the product because you have given them permission to do so. I have told my clients that this is the most up to date technology and that they will find it stronger than before, and I TRULY believe this.

I now have a few clients champing at the bit to try Fabric#. Again I've been giving it the "Sassy trials" and now feel ready to launch it to these people ... I can't wait!!

louise said:
Just feel a bit stupid when client says well theyare not as good as the first set(the ones with old product) sometimes people really know how to knock your confidence.

Don't forget that sometimes clients can become so used to wearing enhancements that they forget to take as much care as when they first had them done.

If others haven't had a problem with the new product then let her know, it may be that you have done a "rogue" set on her, but I bet with a little delving into her lifestyle over the past two weeks you will get to the real root of the problem.

Don't let it knock your confidence, just see it as a meaty challenge you can get your teeth into! (well not literally!)

I totally agree the client probably needs to be re-educated about her nails

You have changed product so that you can work better, you've tested the product on yourself so you should be working better than ever.
Give it a little more time and remember to be confident, we all know what our product is like from our own use and we have little or no probs - your clients prob just taking up gardening again!

Latest posts

Back