cheap airbrush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
went to carboot esterday and there was a chap selling tools and he had some airbrush's for sale for £10 ,,,,,,,,,,,is there a certain thing i should be lokking for when buyin a airbrush i.e speed amount of paint it will hold

thanks for looking at my thread

Lisa,

Depending of if you want airbrush for nails/ tanning/body art will depend what you get. Nozzle size determines what the airbrush is for (usu .2mm for nails, .4mm for body art). The airbrush is just the bit that holds the paint and sprays it onto the nail. A double action airbrush is best as it allows you to control air and paint flow with one trigger.

You will also need a compressor, this provides the air that is sprayed through the airbrush with the paint. This is usually the more expensive bit. Required usage usually determines the size/ weight/cost of the compressor (it's no good buying a little mobile one if you intend to run it constantly in a salon). The compressor should have an air regulator so you can adjust the pressure (e.g. 20-25psi for nail art, 15-25 for body art), a moisture trap (so water is collected separately and doesn't unexpectedly spray out from the airbrush ruining your design).

A good kit should also come with paints, stencils, airbrush cleaner (and warranty if new). The paints must be the correct ones for the job (water based acrylic paint specifically for airbrush use for nails) - if the paint is too thick it will clog the airbrush.

It's also worth investing in at least 1 days training, so you can learn how the airbursh works, how to look after it (most important - easy to clog if not thoroughly cleaned), techniques for spraying etc.

For more info check out www.allthingsnails.com - email the site owner Melle with any questions you have, anything she doesn't know about airbrushing isn't worth knowing! Melles training is also excellent - worth investigating.

Also try K-Sa-Ra (www.netnails.com I think) - Rachel Myatt there is also ace airbrusher, lots of geeks have done their training with her and highly rate it.

www.airbrushes.com website for The Airbrush Company for loads of airbrushes/ compressors / kits and accessories. For other IWATA stuff email [email protected] who also supplies airbushes (got my Iwata kit complete kit from him, same as from the airbrush co but cheaper and he's very helpful and will also answer questions).

Hope this helps, or at least gives you somewher to start!

hi bryony

i must say thanks for all the information you have given me regarding airbrushing i really feel honered that yo took time out to tell me so much.

i have just come across a compresser for sale for £50 and the details are as follows

24 ltr tank
2hp motor
206 i/min
air flow/displacement
twin gauges
wheels for easy handleing
full controllable output pressure
tank drain capacity
carry handle

pleas let me know if you think this will be any good as it look quite big

thanks hun xxxxxxxx
Bryony said:
Lisa,

Depending of if you want airbrush for nails/ tanning/body art will depend what you get. Nozzle size determines what the airbrush is for (usu .2mm for nails, .4mm for body art). The airbrush is just the bit that holds the paint and sprays it onto the nail. A double action airbrush is best as it allows you to control air and paint flow with one trigger.

You will also need a compressor, this provides the air that is sprayed through the airbrush with the paint. This is usually the more expensive bit. Required usage usually determines the size/ weight/cost of the compressor (it's no good buying a little mobile one if you intend to run it constantly in a salon). The compressor should have an air regulator so you can adjust the pressure (e.g. 20-25psi for nail art, 15-25 for body art), a moisture trap (so water is collected separately and doesn't unexpectedly spray out from the airbrush ruining your design).

A good kit should also come with paints, stencils, airbrush cleaner (and warranty if new). The paints must be the correct ones for the job (water based acrylic paint specifically for airbrush use for nails) - if the paint is too thick it will clog the airbrush.

It's also worth investing in at least 1 days training, so you can learn how the airbursh works, how to look after it (most important - easy to clog if not thoroughly cleaned), techniques for spraying etc.

For more info check out www.allthingsnails.com - email the site owner Melle with any questions you have, anything she doesn't know about airbrushing isn't worth knowing! Melles training is also excellent - worth investigating.

Also try K-Sa-Ra (www.netnails.com I think) - Rachel Myatt there is also ace airbrusher, lots of geeks have done their training with her and highly rate it.

www.airbrushes.com website for The Airbrush Company for loads of airbrushes/ compressors / kits and accessories. For other IWATA stuff email [email protected] who also supplies airbushes (got my Iwata kit complete kit from him, same as from the airbrush co but cheaper and he's very helpful and will also answer questions).

Hope this helps, or at least gives you somewher to start!

Hi Lancslass

That sounds very big to me and akward for airbrushing. Are u doing just nails or tanning also?. If u r just doing nails i have a star nails compessor, airbrush, stencils and some paints 4 sale. email me if you are interested :D

hi how mush arr you selling for and are they ok as i was trained by star nails but have found there products to be of poor standard of late so have converted to creative

please let me know cheers and include the postage xx
Josephine said:
Hi Lancslass

That sounds very big to me and akward for airbrushing. Are u doing just nails or tanning also?. If u r just doing nails i have a star nails compessor, airbrush, stencils and some paints 4 sale. email me if you are interested :D

Lisa,

Sorry hun, Not ignoring you but started new job recently and what with pregnancy etc. I've not been geeking so often......

Thanks for comments, glad to have been of help.

Anyway, yeah, that kit you mentioned sounded a bit big. If you email me (under my profile is a link) and I can give you the details of the chap I got my airbrush from, he has a variety, depending on what your needs are, and they tend to be cheaper than advertised elsewhere, they are also desinged for nails and/or tanning so they will be just right.

B x

Latest posts

Back