'Cheap Resin activator'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone suggest where I can get some 'very cheap' resin activator.

I'm due to do a set of weekend/party nails for a Xmas party and I don't want to spend much as I'm not planning on offering this as a regular service. Also, could you advise if the activator is compatible ... or at least will work with a regular thinn-ish brush on glue.

Many thanks

Vicky

Glue's do not like activators much, you need to use a EC Resin.....
Glue is protein based and cracks and crumbles and flakes........ Resin is Ethyl Cynoacrylate and that loves activators..........instant polymerization....

But I would still stick within a system.... So get your Activator and Resin from the same branded system........... they have been developed to work to their max within their wrap system.....you avoid, exothermic reactions, cracking or patchy drying.................cheap isn't alway the best as you can find cheaper brand, give out much more activator with one spray then another, so they wont last as long....... check the quality of the spray nozzle.....the finer the mist the better the finish.....
JMHO

I dont use activator for weekend/party nails? just apply tip, blend and polish..... what are you planning on doing?

I would appply at least two coatings of resin to the blended nail...........
This will give the nail support at the stress area and will prevent any splitting and will balance the tip .............

It will soak off in no time xxx

Latest posts

Back