Chest Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie123

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Im new to waxing and have mastered the leg, arm and underarm. My partners brother kindly let me do a chest wax on him! Well, it started out a bit of a state, I didnt trim the hairs enough and they clumped together making it difficult and painful to get them out! Also, I started at the top, and my tutor told me yesterday I should have started at the bottom!

Could anyone go through how they would do a chest wax? thanks x

Ok. Clipper the entire area and brush off all the hair. Apply strip wax to one entire side into the middle. Start removing from the bottom upwards. When you get to the collarbone, the hairs will grow upwards so make sure you change direction. Don't let your strip get too loaded as it makes it more painful. Put your wax on nice and thin. Advise your client that they will probably break out in little white head (sebum) so they should exfoliate gently after a couple of days.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I will do this next time! Thanks again x

Hi Carrie,

Just to add to Kim's advice, you may find it helps when waxing the chest and abdomen to have your client's hands behind his head - this keeps the arms out of the way and also puts a stretch in the skin, making your job easier. I then ask my clients to rest their arms by their sides when waxing the top part of the chest (as Kim says, the hair changes direction just above the nipples). There is also a line of hair running vertically down the middle of the chest to the navel - when waxing this, ask your client to turn his head to the side to avoid clouting him on the nose with a rogue strip! :D

First time back and chest waxees are particularly vulnerable to breakouts in the days following their appointment - the chest is very prone to infection in the freshly waxed follicles, so definitely no sport or other exercise for the first 24 hours, and I also advise my clients to bring a clean, loose-fitting t-shirt with them to change into if they are coming straight from work. An antibacterial afterwax gel, lotion or cleanser is always a good idea for the next couple of days, and adding a cup of Dead Sea salts to the bathwater will also help fight off any infection.

Andy x

Latest posts

Back