Christmas competition, your thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
Hi guys:)
I am a relatively new salon opened end of Feb this year and to date October has been the quietest month im hoping calm before the storm anyway.... Was thinking of maybe contacting the local paper and running some sort of competition but not to sure how to run it (if that makes sense) for example do I ask them to send in details and I do a raffle for a voucher etc
if any of you lovely geeks have done something similar before it would be great to get some advice and feedback on what U did xx

Hello

I did something with my local paper a while back. It was when I first introduced Gel polish. A voucher was printed in the paper which offered the client 10% off a Gelish manicure. The article was brill and explained the benefits of Gelish really well! The voucher was only valid on certain days which i chose. I think I selected Tuesday and Wednesday and only valid for a few weeks. I got an amazing amount of repeat custom from it though.

This worked well i think because in the small place where i was located no one had really heard of Gel polishes and this gave them an opportunity to try it out at a discounted price. Plus it was a local paper and so everyone who booked lived or worked within the area x These figures are off the top of my head but I think I worked out that out of the 24 people who brought vouchers in 16 of them re booked to have the same treatment, one of them booked me to do their wedding which included mothers, bridesmaids and a couple of other guests, and from the top of my head I can tell you that at least 9 of these customers are clients of mine today and I have moved location since running the ad x

Latest posts

Back