Chrome nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using it with Gel II and it's been working very well.

However, I've been taking the precaution of applying a layer of Skyscraper glass over the chrome and then top coating to seal and it appears to work (so far).

This is a lady who had mermaid pigment which is applied the same way as the chrome. She'd had it on for just under 3 weeks and there was a tiny bit of wear on the ends where you can just see the copper colour base but nothing drastic. These are her natural nails

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1473920391.918811.jpg

I have had problems with peeling on all the different colours of chrome powder. So glad to see I'm not the only one as started to think it was just me lol. Gutted there is no known way of stopping it though as it does look amazing.

I have had problems with peeling on all the different colours of chrome powder. So glad to see I'm not the only one as started to think it was just me lol. Gutted there is no known way of stopping it though as it does look amazing.
Do you flash cure?

I flash cure when using normal gel polish colours. When should I flash cure in the chrome process?

I flash cure when using normal gel polish colours. When should I flash cure in the chrome process?
Do gel colour as normal, Apply no wipe top coat then flash cure for 10 seconds (if using CND lamp do under number 1 twice) apply pigment then put back in for a full cure. Apply topcoat x2 making sure to cap all of free edge

OK great if try that. Thank you. X

Hi so can I just ask do u put 2x layers of no wipe top coat before u actually add the pigment ? And do you buff gently with an actual white block buffer ? This is just Antonine me so much because I love the chrome look so do my customers but they are just wearing away after a few days x
Yes I do this mainly because I like to finish the system before buffing as I want to avoid peeling etc. Nails don't get too thick if you are concerned about that as I do thin layers and obviously buff too. I hope you find a way to make it work, I can't get enough of chrome and holo!

Which no wipe top coat do you use? X

can u please write down the steps you do with the chrome powder , The last two weeks ?
I tried so many ways and mine peel off .
Thanks

Lol schofield, I'm sorry but I didn't quiet understand what did you mean ,mega glass over the top then cure ? Can you please specify it more ?

Yes, SweetSquared have been plugging their Minx again off the back of the chrome craze. Minx never took off with my ladies, and I found it a proper faff to apply which is probably why I never pushed it either. Foils will work but it's nearly impossible to get that 'full on chome' look, they can be patchy, wrinkle badly if the nail is not perfectly flat and are a bit hit or miss. Plus, I've had significant free edge wear will foils too.

same thing happened to me last night and got to sort my clients nails out on Sunday :( I really don't want to have to remove it all again after only doing it last night, can I just buff it down and reapply the base colour and top coat?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480560721.323135.jpg

Be honest. It's only my 2nd attempt at chrome. How does it look?

Latest posts

Back