chunky glitter on tips...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bijouxbetty

Reaction score
If you were doing tips and wanted to use chunky glitter (saw a japanese girl get off the bus with pink nails and chunky glitter tips) would you sculpt and then later apply the glitter ontop or can you incorporate it into the l&p.

I was wondering as it would be chunky glitter that it wouldnt make the nail strong enough as there wouldnt be as much acrylic in the ratio.
How would you guys do it?

I personaly would mix it with my polimer (powder). making sure your mixing ratio is about 1 part glitter to 2 parts powder.
I would sculpt a very thin free edge in clear then apply a very thin layer of the glitter mix; and most impotantly cap the glitter with clear.
So basically a glitter sandwich!
Ezlow do great pre mixed glitter in both bold and subtle shades.(Boogie Nights)
Creative also do a range of subtle glitters. (Glimmer, shimmer & twilight , i think??)
And one of our Geeks (Fiona) does a huge range called Nail Gaphixs, they are really sparkley and you mix them with your own powders.
There are lots of other glitters you can use and mix with your L&P and most brands now carry their own range.
Have fun, I love glitter!

Cheers,

Ive played around with the normal glitter, which i love doing tho its messy.

This is, the glitter i saw was chunky, i mean BIG, not the usual fine stuff. It was massive, thats why i was wondering! I have nt seen anyone on here with it, ill keep searching.

xxF

I would mix with my polymer however chunky it is Cesars do some really chunky holographic glitters and we were taught to mix them
i Hope this helps

Even a really chunky glitter tends to sit flat when you mix it with your polymer!
:D

Ahh! are you sure it was glitter and not Icy Mylar?
This is Icy Mylar in this pic.... it was taken under rather poor light with no flash so isnt a very good pic but, it will give you an idea of whether this is what you saw or not.

Attachments

• Icy Mylar 654.jpg
    Icy Mylar 654.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 338
Glo they are really good where did you buy that from? Can you get loads of different colours?

Hiya,
They look better in the flesh...it was a real naff pic :o
The one I used here was a pink tone that flashes different colours.
You can get yellow, red, blue & green.
Young Nails sell it and so do LeChat.
The bigger the pieces the better it looks ...but be warned...its a bugger to use!

Yep Glo I agree its a real bugger to use that Mylar!
I bought some from Young Nails at the Gmex and I have been put off using it on clients as its a pain to use.
But this is just my opinion!

Glorsclaws said:
Ahh! are you sure it was glitter and not Icy Mylar?
This is Icy Mylar in this pic.... it was taken under rather poor light with no flash so isnt a very good pic but, it will give you an idea of whether this is what you saw or not.

It wasnt that exact thing but the size of the circular glitter pieces are about right. It was so dense you couldnt see through it. It was dense silver chunks...

NoticeableNails said:
Yep Glo I agree its a real bugger to use that Mylar!
I bought some from Young Nails at the Gmex and I have been put off using it on clients as its a pain to use.
But this is just my opinion!

whats icy mylar?!?! sounds bizare/cool

twinkletoes910 said:
icy mylar is like flakey thin plastic pieces.

and there's mother of pearl too. it's opal-ish but cut into shapes. http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Delicate-SEASHELL-STAR-BLOSSOM-NAIL-TOP-CHARM_W0QQitemZ5623417185QQcategoryZ45205QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

and there's some holographic larger shapes. spangles i think. i have yet to get my hands on some of these... http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Pcs-Spangles-1-2-moon-GOLD-color-Nail-Art-Jewelry_W0QQitemZ5637374764QQcategoryZ45205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if you ebay, papi is a great seller

Ooh cheers, i love sparkly fiddly stuff! love the mother of pearl, saw a japanese nail art site where they had their nails in the style of their laquered box's -black and pearl - yummy!!

OMG Heaven!glitter heaven1!!!!:green::green::green::green:

Looks like icy mylar / iridescent flakes to me too
Encapsulating them is soooo easy.
The trick is not to be too fussy. Just apply when acylic is still wet, then overlay with glitter or clear.
I bought all the colours from Young Nails after I received a free sample and they are pretty different.
There are images and a step by step on the uk website.... www.youngnails.co.uk (worth taking a peek)
I have to say that i did chop them up even smaller with a pair of scissors as soon as I transferred them to a mixing pot.
They're glitters / confetti are pretty fantastic too

i just love the glitter it just makes the nails look as though they deserve a walk on the red carpet,just fabulous.:green: :green:

:green: [email protected] Florentina Alexander
Nails At Last.

bijouxbetty said:
Cheers,

Ive played around with the normal glitter, which i love doing tho its messy.

This is, the glitter i saw was chunky, i mean BIG, not the usual fine stuff. It was massive, thats why i was wondering! I have nt seen anyone on here with it, ill keep searching.

xxF
Hi there NSI do lots of glitters maybe it could have been one of those?? diamond glitter ?? Take a look on their website www.nsinails.co.uk. I have just had another on the nail book from them and they do loads of different glitters/shapes.

Latest posts

Back