Claiming on insurance for break in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutopaz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I went to open the salon up this morning only to realise once i'd got in that we'd been burgled again.

They took the usually - Hair products, straighteners, clippers, tongs, the Great Ormond Street charity sweets, smashed our pay phone to pieces, although to no great avail as it had just been emptied, all my perm lotions etc etc. even emptied the rubbish out of the bin to put their loot into.

The owner had already improved security due to a previous break-in followed by various other attempts, by installing security windows and having a total of 7 locks on the back door, this had worked wonders but they managed to crow bar the window enough to break the lock clean off, then unlocked the back door once inside, taking the keys and pad locks with them.

the worst part is the fact that i went to check my appointment times the night before and noticed the blinds drawn (which wasn't when i locked up saturday, but as we had electricians in, the owners mates, i didnt think anything of it) Its now dawned on me, the burglars where probably there when i came in but hadn't ransacked it at that point.

Spent the day turning clients away and making statements and generally cleaning up, now i am thinking of my lost stock.

Has anyone claimed on their insurance for items lost in a burglary? I have my own insurance as i am self employed but m wondering if its worth the hassle and whether its going to put my premium up because i'v claimed :rolleyes:

Oh, I's so sorry you've had the breakin. It must be so disressing for you, and worrying to think they may have been in there when you checked your appointment book. I can't give any addvice, but wanted to say I'm thinking of you. xx :hug:

I cant help you with your question on Insurance hun, i'm sure some other geeks will give you some good advice.
I just wanted to say i'm really sorry to hear that. It must be really devastating, especially that they have taken all the tools that you work with. I couldn't imagine how you must be feeling. At least YOU are ok though that is the main thing.
I really hope it gets sorted for you asap xxx

am in the middle of a claim after a similar break in. My insurer (Natwest) sent a loss adjuster to see me. I had all the receipts ready for him for the stuff taken. I also claimed for lost profits, plus the damage the burglars caused getting in. He added together all the small items and has recommended this amount as an interim payment. the larger items are paid on production of either an invioce or pro-forma invoice.
All a pain in the neck we can do without but to be truthfull the insurer not as bad to deal with as i expected.

Sorry it happened to you too.

Thanks guys for your words of support, it means alot as I am emotionally drained from it :hug:

I could'nt face doing anyones hair yesterday and have spent the night jumping at every sound i heard.

Hopefully come tomorrow when i'm back in again, i can get back to normal again but today i am much the same :rolleyes: maybe my hot stone massage will help :confused:

Sorry this has happened to you also persianista, i hope your claim goes smoothly :hug:

Latest posts

Back