Claiming there creative!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k8tie

Reaction score
Been to my local tanning salon today, a place I go to now and again. The last time I went I had my CND uniform on, they do nails at this place and i've seen CND enamels on her desk (total of 5) and she started quizzing me about where I worked etc then blurted out ' I'm Creative trained!' I just said oh right and went on the bed, thinking that convo was rather odd:confused: . You see this woman has all her certificates up- Star nails L&P, Nail Art etc but no Creative, got the impression she was lying. Ive heard things about this place for nails, my bof's auntie went before I strted doing nails and ended up with greenies, my mum has been in waiting for a bed and seen her pick up gems with an oragnge stick and ...SPIT! yes plain old :lick: SPIT! dont get me wrong the place is clean and tidy. Anyway not been on for a few weeks now but noticed a huge yellow poster in the window saying Summer Offer Creative Acrylic Nails £20, what i'm trying to say is that there is no way this woman is creative trained but she is claiming she is and she has put that poster in the window cos i'm her new threat and she nows I'm CND trained. Do you think I should ring CND and check?? I no it sounds bitchy but I've heard about her nails and dont want her to give cCND ane their techs a bad rep.

Advise pleeeease
x

How blonde am I- sorry it should be Claiming THEIR Creative

k8tie said:
How blonde am I- sorry it should be Claiming THEIR Creative

LOL...........Claiming they're Creative.

Go on drop em in it!!
x

I can understand why you've got the hump.Shes just jelous.i don't think creative could give you that information(data protection act etc...yes can you tell i used to date a copper...lol!!).But i do think any one who is creative trained would proudly display their certificate.She obivously isn't.Don't let it get to you babe.Your quality of work will speak for itself.If you really do want to find out how good/crap she is send a friend in to get their nails done...like a mysterious shopper.Thats always fun!x x

Who could be bothered to worry about this?

Just get on and do your own good work and forget about who claims to be what !! Why waste your time or energy?

k8tie said:
Been to my local tanning salon today, a place I go to now and again. The last time I went I had my CND uniform on, they do nails at this place and i've seen CND enamels on her desk (total of 5) and she started quizzing me about where I worked etc then blurted out ' I'm Creative trained!' I just said oh right and went on the bed, thinking that convo was rather odd:confused: . You see this woman has all her certificates up- Star nails L&P, Nail Art etc but no Creative, got the impression she was lying. Ive heard things about this place for nails, my bof's auntie went before I strted doing nails and ended up with greenies, my mum has been in waiting for a bed and seen her pick up gems with an oragnge stick and ...SPIT! yes plain old :lick: SPIT! dont get me wrong the place is clean and tidy. Anyway not been on for a few weeks now but noticed a huge yellow poster in the window saying Summer Offer Creative Acrylic Nails £20, what i'm trying to say is that there is no way this woman is creative trained but she is claiming she is and she has put that poster in the window cos i'm her new threat and she nows I'm CND trained. Do you think I should ring CND and check?? I no it sounds bitchy but I've heard about her nails and dont want her to give cCND ane their techs a bad rep.

Advise pleeeease
x

Iam not to sure but iam positive when i did my creative training i was advised that customers could contact creative to find a qualified creative trained tech in there area but something is telling me that was just master technicians that were listed cant totally remeber to be honest but at least you could give it a go if you wanted to!

CND ONLY recommend Master Nail Technicians to clients who ring and ask for a salon in their area.

geeg said:
CND ONLY recommend Master Nail Technicians to clients who ring and ask for a salon in their area.

Yeah i thought that was the case!

Better hurry up and do my masters then.I'm dying to pack in as much education as possible but as usual money is an issue for me at the moment.

geeg said:

Is this from a database of master techs or do you have to submit your details to Creative for this? Am I automatically on the list as I am a master?

As for this salon, why not go in & ask? If she is Creative trained then she will have certificates to prove it. If she doesn't then you know she's lying. Maybe say you need your nails doing & thought of her as you only wear Creative products & go to Creative techs? I'm sure there's some way you can find out. Though I'd be careful about what you say to other people, you don't want to get into trouble for badmouthing her locally if it turns out she is Creative trained & doing nothing wrong. If it puts your own mind at rest then find out, if it's just going to wind you up then don't waste your energy on it. People can tell the difference between a good technician & a bad technician anyway.

Maybe she'd just done her Creative training and not got her certificate yet?

I don't really see the point in dissing another tech, if you believe in what you do then there's no need to.

Latest posts

Back