Cleaning foot file/Microplane Colossal effectively

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Dolly

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

I am new to this site and to the geek family, so I hope I am posting this in the correct forum.
I am just wondering how you ensure your Microplane Colossal rasp is thoroughly cleaned? I have Mundo power plus, but is this enough and if so do you have a container or something to submerge it in (is this ok with the plastic) ? I would be very thankful for your help on what you do. Or maybe I would just be best sticking with disposable foot files, like the CND callus smoother!?

Thank you. xXx

I thoroughly wash mine in hot soapy water and then fully submerge in plastic container with barbicide. Hope that helps
X

Aw, thank you Pink_Princess. I just wanted to check that it would be enough doing that with a foot rasp, so I really appreciate your help.xXx

If I'm the only one using the Microplane do I have to use Barbicide or a cleaning with a nail brush and soap and water or using a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol is enough?

Last edited:
I thoroughly wash mine in hot soapy water and then fully submerge in plastic container with barbicide. Hope that helps
X
What kind of soap do you use? A regular hand soap? And when you use soap do you wash it in some kind of container or just use soap on it and then rinse off?

Last edited:
Thank you for your post Johnny B.

I give mine a good scrub with soap and water, then put in mundo and then spray just before client arrives.

I seem to recall when I received mine there was an instruction leaflet which took you through the correct cleaning routine...I know I am one of those people who reads everything :eek: x

I seem to recall when I received mine there was an instruction leaflet which took you through the correct cleaning routine...I know I am one of those people who reads everything :eek: x

That's right, I have binned it already but it said remove handle from rasp, rinse inside of handle with hot water - then I add anti-bac hand wash, rinse. For the rasp, under hot running water carefully rinse in both directions (up and down) and back & front to flush away any material left on the rasp. Then I scrub using brush with anti-bac soap, then soak in Mundo solution and for this I have plastic tupperware lid so I don't have to use loads of solution. It's fully submerged but in a shallow bath. Hope this helps!

I can't seem to remove the handle from the rasp does anyone have any tips on how to do this. Mines just won't budge.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it. I think I must have thrown the cleaning instructions away without realising because I don't remember seeing them. Also, I didn't know that you could remove the plastic handle so I will have a try. Thank you.

I can't seem to remove the handle from the rasp does anyone have any tips on how to do this. Mines just won't budge.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's not easy but grip the handle hard and curl index + middle finger round base of rasp IYKWIM and it will eventually slide off.

Latest posts

Back