Client has used hair straighteners to remove pre bonded extensions!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairextensions1

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had a client that has removed hair extensions herself with
Hair straighteners!!!
I could not believe this I was horrified!

But.. She's now blaming me and saying she's going to claim
Against me??!

I told her if she'd of asked me I would have removed them as you
Need special tools to do this and that you can't use hot appliances
On pre bonded hair extensions to remove them!

She says her hairs like tar, I've had abusive phone calls she's threatened to come round my house!!

I'm sooo stressed out

Ok firstly did you offer aftercare advice to her etc? Do you have your clients sign anything to agree to only have you work on their extensions? So removal and rotation is included ? I don't do extensions but have had many sets of them and always signed to say only a certain person can work on them, it's a good way to protect yourself and also the client. How can she blame you? Did you go round and melt them with ya straightners whilst she was asleep?? Lol

Ok firstly did you offer aftercare advice to her etc? Do you have your clients sign anything to agree to only have you work on their extensions? So removal and rotation is included ? I don't do extensions but have had many sets of them and always signed to say only a certain person can work on them, it's a good way to protect yourself and also the client. How can she blame you? Did you go round and melt them with ya straightners whilst she was asleep?? Lol

This is what I do..I have an aftercare/disclaimer that I ask them to sign on consultation and make sure my clients fully understand how important aftercare is and that I must be the person to remove them. This sounds so stressful! Don't beat yourself up about it because at the end of the day you havnt advised her to do that and like bluerinse says you didn't attack her while she was sleeping!! I reckon she's trying to make you give her something for free by threatening you, she knows she won't be sueing you as shes the idiot that tried to take their hair extensions out with straighteners! Surely she will know she doesn't have a leg to stand on when she announces that! X

She doesn't have a leg to stand on, she's just using bully boy tactics to get money out of you. Stand your ground, be polite and professional and tell her that if she continues to harass you or make threats you will contact the police. That should do the trick :biggrin:

That's why you need consultations forms and a contract stating she understands they need to be professionally removed by you within 3 months. For insurance purposes this is absolutely vital so she can't go back and claim you did the damage.

Latest posts

Back