Client Record Cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shel84

Reaction score
Hi, do you make clients sign a declaration form each time they have a treatment done? On the first appointment i have with an individual i get them to fill out a record card and sign a disclaimer for their spray tan.
Do you get them to sign each time they have a subsequent treatment just incase any medical conditions have arisen?

I fill in what I did that day on the back of their consultation card each time..make a note of anything I think I need to, date and get them to sign it each time.

Hi Shel, I think the last reply was the best advice. I would use a client card for all new customers and if anything has changed on your exsting clients input that on the card and get them to sign.
:hug:

To be honest, I'd like to see more therapists using the consultation card as a customer service tool - for you as a spray-tanner, that might mean asking them how their last tan worked out for them (were they happy with the colour and durability, for example) or if they'd like to try anything slightly different. If they have had problems with it fading a bit quickly (or in particular areas), for example, it gives you a chance to recommend retail products that might make it last a little longer - you make an additional retail sale, and customer goes away feeling even happier.

Similarly with beauty consultation cards, if you have done your job properly and identified any problem areas (e.g. "Last time you came, you said that your skin was really dry - how did the cream sample I gave you work?), it give you a chance to follow up and offer a continuity of care that has the client coming back time and time again. Even if another therapist treats that person, they'll have all the info to hand to offer continuity - an important consideration for managers who experience high staff turnover.

Thanks for the replies, I have been writing the dates of appointments on the back of the record cards and writing what solution was used etc. I just didnt know whether i should have been getting them to sign something each time. I do also keep a seperate book which has details on each clients treatment, how it went, what they thought after washing off etc.

no - i get them to fill in a consultation form before their first treatment - if anything changes they have to make ME aware or as far as i am concerned their signature at the bottom of the consultation form tells me they have no preexisting conditions or they are on certain medication etc but it's their responsibilty to inform us of any changes.

Obviously though i note down each treatment and if i see anything that needs attention etc but if medication changes or anything like that they should be letting you know. spray tanning though i think its a good idea to always ask about how it looked etc if any problems i would note it down but more often than not its because they have not taken care to do the pre tan instructions : ) HTH - Lisa

Latest posts

Back