Client with psoriasis ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello not sure if I have spelt that right . One of my clients is suffering the product she gets from the doctors isn't recommended for regular use is there any really good treatments that might help leave her scalp feeling better and less flaking in the meantime ? X

Selsun is good, but she should really go back to the Dr and ask for advice first, especially if she may want any chemical treatments on her hair in the future.

:biggrin:

T-gel is very good. Although if client is blonde/white it can dull it slightly warmish.

Hope I'm not stepping on toes here, I'm not a hair geek, (just lurking around here :wink2:) but I do suffer from psoriasis on the scalp, have done for about 10 years or so on and off, sometimes it's horrendous and other times just a tiny little patch, hardly noticeable.

She needs to go back to her GP. I must have tried every recommended 'home' or 'salon' treatment on the market and tbh some of them did more harm than good.

Most treatments, especially if they've got a high salicylic acid content, are meant to be used for only a short period of time and her GP will have/should have told her to go back if it's not clearing.

Honestly, I would be recommending a return visit to the doc, for her sake and yours.

T.x

My mum is a hairdresser and also has psoriasis, she has tried everything under the sun, but the best thing so far is sulphate free products - shampoo, shower gel etc. She gets hers from waitrose - their own brand. Hth!

Thanks everyone I will let her know to go back. Just thought it would be nice when I next do her hair to give her a treatment that might help x

Latest posts

Back