Clients and aftercare products, hair extensions are dry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
im having trouble getting clients to understand the importance of buying the correct aftercare instead of using products from boots or Asda :/ and it really bugs me because I get clients come back and complain saying the hair is dry (turns out she was using go blonde by John fredia).
We're as clients who do buy the aftercare have no problems.
How do you get clients to buy them and understand the importance? I already explain on the consultation why it's important and that I won't fix any extensions that go dry or damaged If you don't get the aftercare products as I won't know what your using on them but then they still do expect me to fix it. Last time I gave her small samples and then she said they felt soft again

im having trouble getting clients to understand the importance of buying the correct aftercare instead of using products from boots or Asda :/ and it really bugs me because I get clients come back and complain saying the hair is dry (turns out she was using go blonde by John fredia).
We're as clients who do buy the aftercare have no problems.
How do you get clients to buy them and understand the importance? I already explain on the consultation why it's important and that I won't fix any extensions that go dry or damaged If you don't get the aftercare products as I won't know what your using on them but then they still do expect me to fix it. Last time I gave her small samples and then she said they felt soft again
You are doing all you can. As long as your T & C's make it very clear that you accept no responsibility for any alleged quality issues unless they purchase the aftercare then you just need to be firm if they still come back with a complaint.

Unless you increase your prices to cover the cost of the aftercare? Even if you only cover the cost of the aftercare and make no additional profit on it, at least you know that you are not going to get any issues.

It always seems odd that a client will spend ££££'s on the hair extensions/fitting but not a few more pounds to get the best from their 'investment'

I had this problem aswell, but started to just add £5-10 on top of my prices so that I could include some aftercare products. I sometimes also use options for shampoo and conditioner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back