Client's funny sayings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or the clients who say they had a perm 15 years ago and it's still curly or has grown curly ever since lol

Seriously hope you told that client to bugger off. Does she think you are an idiot? Why lie to a hairdresser? Wonder what crossed her mind to tell you that! Ugh! X

I could slap them for it, seriously. But I have heard it from a few, not just the one client. I usually laugh and say yeah if only that happened to the rest of us, I get a bit sick of bleaching my regrowth every three weeks. You can literally see them trying to process the idea in their minds then after a few seconds the blank vacant look comes back over their faces and they change the subject.

I've heard it all and I know when to humor them and when to bother educating them. For the most part I find clients are very interested when I try to educate them or explain some product chemistry. If the majority didn't I don't think I would bother coming to work anymore

Going off topic a bit here but the mans hair cut just reminded me of something.

We used to have a blind man in every 4 weeks to the same girl. Without thinking every time she would finish the cut pick up the back mirror and say how's that?

Luckily the guy was really nice he used to laugh and say i don't know ask the dog.

Have us all a chuckle every time.

That was so funny, can't stop laughing!!! :)))

I love it when u do a a regrowth and the clients says "can u put a bit more on this time, so it lasts longer" ay?? I think u will find its the speed it grows not the amount of tint derr!! Some people have no common sense what so ever but u got to laugh

Oh oh I love it aswell when husbands/boyfriends who are bald, make jokes about what we could do to their hair !!!! Every bald man ever to enter a salon says " eee what could you do with this pet " ha ha ha[/QUOTE]

Really?! ive never heard this before :rolleyes:
Theres a bald guy who lives near the salon and he likes to 'pop in' and ask for a perm every now and then... hmmm If i had a pound for everytime....

I was sat in the local barbers with my cousin & her boys.
The guy before us sat down & asked for a good trim especially in top as it has got so long!!
He was bald with hair from the sides & back combed up & over!! I got the giggles very loud & the barber was very professional & held his laughter in until the guy left!!

Lol loving this thread, when I worked in a shoe shop we had some mad requests, "do you sell lightbulbs?" "do you do phone top up's?" "do you sell cigarettes?", loads of benches and seats to try shoes on at and some asking for changing rooms, and a few complaining they wouldn't see a seat, turn around love, one behind u!

I hate the I like what you did last time, I want that but different.
One lady said she wanted it short as it can go to still go in a bobble at the nape of the neck, cut it so it had a little bit coming out when tied up like aske for and she complained the front was too long. Pmsl.

One young girl asked for a severely asymmetric style and showed me how short she wanted one side, when I was finished she said it was "wonky" erm... Asymmetric is a nice work for wonky love! Xoxo

I've been asked yesterday by a customer if I charge for pedicure :)

I really went speechless! I love my job!

I've been asked yesterday by a customer if I charge for pedicure :)

I really went speechless! I love my job!

Lol!!!! Why would you not charge????? What was her excuse for asking that?

Some people...,

after colour some of the clients have a rough dry insead of a normal blowdry and they say ooo could you just smooth it over with the brush. so basically you want a blowdry then?

I had one client (a horrible girl known in my area for being a nasty piece of work, the no win no fee type) when she walked through the door and said she had an appointment with me I thought 'oh great, here we go'
So she had a bob and was going out and wanted it blow dried with loads of volume, all was going well, loads of volume and big and bouncy just like she'd asked for, then she recoiled in horror screaming at me cos it was too short! I'd not cut it just a blow dry with lots of volume. She couldn't grasp the fact that if she wanted height it'd appear shorte.

Lol!!!! Why would you not charge????? What was her excuse for asking that?

Some people...,

Maybe her feet smell of roses and i missed my chance ;) pleasure for me!

As far as bold people go I think they all think they're the first person to ever come out with those lines.
I have one lady that has a 'jelly' perm (gel perm) but her daughter also goes to yoggi classes (yoga) and she loves dale winters off supermarket sweep so much that you'd think she'd know it's dale winton.

I had one client (a horrible girl known in my area for being a nasty piece of work, the no win no fee type) when she walked through the door and said she had an appointment with me I thought 'oh great, here we go'
So she had a bob and was going out and wanted it blow dried with loads of volume, all was going well, loads of volume and big and bouncy just like she'd asked for, then she recoiled in horror screaming at me cos it was too short! I'd not cut it just a blow dry with lots of volume. She couldn't grasp the fact that if she wanted height it'd appear shorte.

So she's one of the people are so stupid it's a miracle they know how to breathe?!?

I had a client with below shoulder length hair (about to bra strap) who asked for it cut short, I was a bit nervous as I hadn't qualified long b4, I cut it "short" and was told it was too long haha. Some people are te opposite way round xoxo

I put a brides hair up and she asked me if the hair will stay in for the next day. I replied 'depends on your wedding night'

Clients that book in for their root appointment, then say think I will go lighter today...ERM I think not, not in a 30 min slot.

I showed someone how much she needed off, she said "how many inches is that?" Erm i dunno? Does it matter...

"Id like a verigated bob".... wuuut???

After winding a perm, i go to fetch the solution "i have the curly one!"... erm ok

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I showed someone how much she needed off, she said "how many inches is that?" Erm i dunno? Does it matter...

"Id like a verigated bob".... wuuut???

After winding a perm, i go to fetch the solution "i have the curly one!"... erm ok

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

If they find out its over two inches... Its not coming off!

A verigated bob??😂😂

Have one client who comes every six weeks and she says the exact same thing every time "It's faded so could i have more warmth but not red or orangey or too dark.....more coppery" ......Ok lovely, same as last time then, roots and taken through.

I removed some hair extensions to be retipped, once removed the client asked if there was anything I could do to them to make the extensions longer before I put them back in!!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back