Clients that don't use their Solar Oil!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
Sorry just need a bit of a rant.
I have several clients that have their shellac re applied every two weeks so they spend a fair bit of money with me - but yet they will not use their solar oil even after all the after care advice I give them. Unfortunately these clients nails are naturally dry so they really should use it. So I dread removal because the nail plate is dry and the shellac doesn't slide off nicely, they are left with ugly looking white spots and on the whole it just makes my job a lot harder. I don't understand why spend so much money on having nails look nice but don't follow the after care. They then lie and say they've been using it every day and when I ask to " borrow" their solar oil they rummage around to find it and I can see its still full!!!!
Because they are not following their after care their nails look pretty awful and I'm certain it's not my removal due to my other clients who follow the advice having nice looking nails after removal - and the shellac removes quickly and easily instead of it being stuck to the nail bed.
Other clients have badly damaged nails from NSS and are desperate to get their nail quality back yet fail to keep or rebook their appointments allowing shellac or L&P to grow out which they then pick off themselves adding more damage to the nail and then complain that their nails dont seem to be improving - arghhhhhhhh, i just don't get why spend the money and not take the advice given to them!!!!!!teen

It's stressful but part of the job.
My mum wasn't using oil and I refused to do her nails until she started oiling because I refused to have her ugly nails as a display for my business due to her being negligent....it worked, she now oils daily lol xx

It's human nature I'm sorry to say. Many people don't listen to us hairdressers and continue with box colours. Or you may buy a top and it says do not tumble dry yet you put it on the radiator, it's still dry heat. Or a cars aftercare advice is to never let the petrol run too low, or the water or oil yet almost everyone is guilty of this xoxo

I have a lady that doesn't use it. :(

I've given her a pinkie (all my new clients get one in their aftercare pack) and 5 appointments later she still hasn't used it.
Her nails don't have any white areas when I'm removing shellac but they are snapping as they are brittle.

I've bullied in a joking way about the lack of use. When I get my big bottle out I act all surprised ' wonder what this stuff is for?'
Now most of her nails have snapped she is realising now that it is essential to use for nails to be flexible. (Not hard as some clients think their nails should be)

I suppose at the end of the day there is only so much we can do :)

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back