Cluster lash glue stinging eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use micropore pore and just place it over the bottom lashes which ensures no lashes getting stuck together.

Although I could do with a recommendation for a more low tack micropore tape, I'm using a 3m from chemist and it's a bit too sticky for my clients.

Just remove the stickiness on back of your hand before use. Eyelash emporium and lash base sell eyelash tapes but they still need detacking x

Hi, this is the closest thread I could find...but I am trained in all areas of lash extensions but haven't been doing cluster lashes as I wasn't sure I trusted the glues (salon system one as mentioned above)
So today I decided to do my own so I feel happier with my product.
I found the glue stung my eye during and shortly after but eased. only tonight they are starting to irritate again :(
Is this a common thing?
I've not had them before.
I'm worried as I don't like to offer products I'm not happy with but the effect looked great!
I think I'll have to remove them in the morning :S

The fumes in the eyelash glues are usually only until the glue is completely dry. One of the things that causes cyanoacrylates to cure is moisture. When I was using a glue that had a lot of fumes, I would use a misting bottle, and spray a fine mist up above my client's head so it would gently fall on their faces. It would cure the glue almost instantly, and the fumes were a lot less noticeable. I think with clusters there is a lot more glue applied than with singles, and I would be cautious so as not to irritate the eyes any more than necessary. The clients found that the misting was very relaxing. The glue I use now is very quick drying, and does not need to be misted to cure. Most of my clients can open their eyes immediately. That being said, I never do a service with cyanoacrylates and clients eyes open, and I do not do cluster lashes. It is singles only for me. I am convinced that anything less and I am potentially damaging the clients lashes. I have seen it time and time again. Also, taping the lower lashes down does not take long, and there are tapes out there that are not nearly as sticky as 3m micropore. Keep looking... You will find one that isn't as tacky. Good luck in your quest. 

I use salon systems and does never have any problems :-\ x

Sent from my GT-S5363 using Tapatalk 2

I do suffer from sensitive eyes so I'm sure it's just that. They seem better today. I think applying my own isn't ideal anyway but I just wanted to try them before I promote them.
Fingers crossed they will be better on clients! Xxx

Cluster lashes have always stung my eyes and made them water terribly when i have had mine done. Im assuming its because the eyes have to be open and it has to be strong glue. Maybe try flirties glue? X

I used to have cluster lashes done at a salon and EVERY time my eyes would be completely stuck together at the end of application and they would have to be forced open. The stinging and streaming eyes was awful but it's the only place I'd ever had it done and just assumed it was normal as the same thing happened to all my friends who went there.
Since I stopped having it done I did a course in the semi perm lashes and was taught to take precautions to stop the eyes from getting glued together. Since reading up about how to apply the cluster lashes I've realised that the salon I went to should not be applying them in that way and what I was experiencing was not normal. I plan to offer the cluster lashes and will certainly be making sure I do not cause such a horrible experience for my clients!
It's really quite shocking that people are not applying them in the correct manner! X

I used to have cluster lashes done at a salon and EVERY time my eyes would be completely stuck together at the end of application and they would have to be forced open. The stinging and streaming eyes was awful but it's the only place I'd ever had it done and just assumed it was normal as the same thing happened to all my friends who went there.
Since I stopped having it done I did a course in the semi perm lashes and was taught to take precautions to stop the eyes from getting glued together. Since reading up about how to apply the cluster lashes I've realised that the salon I went to should not be applying them in that way and what I was experiencing was not normal. I plan to offer the cluster lashes and will certainly be making sure I do not cause such a horrible experience for my clients!
It's really quite shocking that people are not applying them in the correct manner! X

It doesn't matter which type of lashes you have, they should never be stuck together and certainly not forced open!!
Occasionally when having individual eyelash extensions done some bottom lashes can 'pop up' causing them to stick but this should be a rare occurrence, not the norm as all lash technicians should be doing their best to ensure this doesn't happen.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience but that certainly shouldn't have happened.

It doesn't matter which type of lashes you have, they should never be stuck together and certainly not forced open!!
Occasionally when having individual eyelash extensions done some bottom lashes can 'pop up' causing them to stick but this should be a rare occurrence, not the norm as all lash technicians should be doing their best to ensure this doesn't happen.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience but that certainly shouldn't have happened.

I totally agree! They should not be stuck together or forced open! This is very hard on your own lashes.

Totally off the mark here but what is the rough treatment time for individual lashes?

Individual lashes (known as cluster lashes) take about 20 mins to apply whereas the semi permanent lashes take about 2 hours. Hence the big difference in price! Lol. :)

Individual lashes (known as cluster lashes) take about 20 mins to apply whereas the semi permanent lashes take about 2 hours. Hence the big difference in price! Lol. :)

Okay, so here in Canada, individual lashes refer to one single lash attached to one single extension. Cluster lashes are referred to as semi singles. I will have to be careful replying to posts, as things are referred to a bit differently over the pond. :):eek:

Totally off the mark here but what is the rough treatment time for individual lashes?

Varies per client and per technician but for semi permanent individual lashes I expect around 1hr 30mins x

Others on here have quoted anything between 45mins to 3hrs...

I use this glue and apply to closed eyes. I've done about 8 sets and nevet had anyone co.plain about there eyes stinging? x

Latest posts

Back