CND course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmam

Reaction score
What is the homework on this course, FDFC???

thanks
em x

are you booked on to the class??

90% convinced that this is the course for me.:)

Just wondered what was involved in the homework as it doesnt say in the info pack i recieved.:confused:

Also can i ask where the Cheshire training takes place as there is no address on the letter.

Convince me that this is the course for me.

(have seen a purple creative t shirt which gives the course a big ++):lol:

Em x

I'd be interested to know what sort of homework is required for the course. I'm booked on to the one starting 14th Feb in Leeds. Am fully prepared to put in as much work as necessary to get the best from the course, but as I have two kids, a cleaning business and a dog (!) it would be good to get a vague idea of the hours I might need to put in at home?

Pip :biggrin:

When I did the Foundation Course in November, my homework consisted of finishing off and completing enhancements on my nail trainer (provided on the course) and some written work in the file you also get on the course. Overall my homework was around 3 hours on average per evening, putting more hours in practicing on your trainer is very beneficial. I did what I could with my other committments.

I am still practicing each night and do a half set of enhancements on my trainer 5 out of seven nights and take approximately 2 hours to complete.

The more you put in... the more you get out. - There are just not enough hours in the day for me or not enough people to look after my 1 year old lol!!
Best of luck with your course... you will love it.

Glad someone asked this as I start mine on Tuesday. I'm not going into work Wednesday night so I can concentrate on the homework, there will be 10 upset people wednesday night who won't be getting their weekly back massage.
I've lost my list of items supplied, I was going to give them a ring on Monday to check if I needed to take anything but since as we're on the subject. Am I right in thinking I just need to take pen, paper and passport size photo? I take it all tools are supplied.

I think so much has been written in this thread about the courses that either you are or aren't convinced.

There are 5 or 6 Creative Academy Advisers that work full time at Designer Nails head office whose sole/specific job is to talk to prospective students and to answer ALL their questions. My suggestion is that you ring and speak to one of them and they will guide you through everything you need to know gladly.

As to homework, there is (as you would expect on a Creative course that has held the reputation of being the best for over 15 years ) a fair amount to take in and on which you will be assessed by taking a written assessment.. There is also allot of practical work to be completed over a few weeks, so it is necessary to organize your time around the needs of your family (not easy I know, but starting a nail business is not an easy option at any time).

I would dedicate most afternoons OR evenings following the class (for a few months) to learning this new and exciting skill. It will require that sort of dedication if you want ultimate success. But it is fun to learn, and I have to say, I LOVED to practice. Also I think your mind should be very into the "The Foundation class is only the beginning" MODE. This class is only the start of your new knowledge/skill bank. There is a long way to go to completion. However, The Creative Foundation Class will get you started at a very high level.

marie111 said:
Am I right in thinking I just need to take pen, paper and passport size photo? I take it all tools are supplied.
That's it, correct.
Although tools are supplied to work with in class, if you have your own favorites then you are more than welcome to bring them.

Thanks JCS for letting me know the homework details
Geeg, thanks for all your help

em x

You will have a great time, it is hard work but then anything that is worth it is, meeting people, learning a new skill, you must be very excited!

Cathy ;)

could you tell me little more about this course? how long is the course? i`m looking at lots of different options and the more i look at the more confusing it is. i`m VERY new to this and would like to think i can make the right choice, i`d like to say moneys no object but it is! but you get what you pay for and i just want a good foundation course to see if its really for me. i`ve read some good things about creative, is this the course you`ve mentioned? what does it entail?
sorry to ask so many questions but obviously every company wants to sell themselves and ontop of the cost of the course i`m travelling from germany and will need to stay in a hotel. i`m so excited about finding the right course and i`ve got about a million questions. any advice would be much appreciated
thanks karen x

kjp said:
could you tell me little more about this course? how long is the course? i`m looking at lots of different options and the more i look at the more confusing it is. i`m VERY new to this and would like to think i can make the right choice, i`d like to say moneys no object but it is! but you get what you pay for and i just want a good foundation course to see if its really for me. i`ve read some good things about creative, is this the course you`ve mentioned? what does it entail?
sorry to ask so many questions but obviously every company wants to sell themselves and ontop of the cost of the course i`m travelling from germany and will need to stay in a hotel. i`m so excited about finding the right course and i`ve got about a million questions. any advice would be much appreciated
thanks karen x
Hi Karen,
I see you are located in germany.......
Maha The Nailcompany, is the german distributor and Acadamy for Creative Nail Design....... it might be easier for you to attend the german based Acadamy........
here is a link: http://www.mahanail.de/seminare/index.htm

just an idea.
HTH

thanks for your reply,

problem is my german is so bad they would probably think i was either deranged or just plain stupid!
besides that the system here regarding insurance and working on the german net is so complex, i`m not a german national.
i hav`nt been back to the uk in 2yrs so i`m looking forward to getting in a few days shopping aswell!
i`d be grateful for anyones opinion and a pointer in the right direction.
karen x :D

Latest posts

Back