CND Intense pink

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly

Reaction score
I bought a pot of CND intense pink powder on Monday, I've been using it all week and I LOVE IT! I've tried it on all my rebalances and new sets and all my clients have been so happy with the new look, it makes nails appear healthier and more alive. It's great to mix with other colours too.

Just wanted to share that with you - over and out xx

I phoned cnd for some on Monday, but there out of stock:cry: , back in stock tomorrow so gonna have to wait till nxt week to try it out.

Diid you have the last one :rolleyes: ?

Maybe I did take the last one, sorry mate :p Hope they get some more in stock soon 'cos the way I'm going I'll need another pot next week lol x

I had a play with Intense Pink too and even though I liked it, it did look like my daughters nail beds had been damaged below the pink overlay (they had definately not by the way ;) ) I think her beds are very pink to start with which made the Intense Pink even more 'intense'.

I thought about mixing it a little to get a softer effect, I have all three pinks now, do you have any suggestions on mixing pinks?

If you like the intensity, try it with Moxie.... even more stunning!

If you find the flawless too peachy (I do), try making a mix with 10 scoops flawless, 4 scoops intense & 1/3 scoop red.

For a sparkly pink that also hides any nail bed impurities try 8 scoops flawless, 2 scoops intense, 2 scoops glimmer or twilight, 1/3 red.

These mixes are for brightening up a nail bed. I've heard that a tiny touch of blue is good for mixing with flawless to create a more natural colour.

Try the custom colour blending kits if you are into mixing powders (IMO the single most important thing you should be mastering right now). It has recipee cards and something like 28 powders (including Intense Pink).

To soften INtense, mix with Perfect Color Pink or clear.

HTH's!

:)
Totaly adore my CND...
The Custom Blending Kit ,
Moxie & Raw Earth Pedicure.......
Are definatley on the shopping list......
Can't wait to try it all............
xxoojnail OZooxx :biggrin:

The Nail Geek said:
Try the custom colour blending kits if you are into mixing powders (IMO the single most important thing you should be mastering right now). It has recipee cards and something like 28 powders (including Intense Pink).

To soften INtense, mix with Perfect Color Pink or clear.

HTH's!
Thanks Sam ..
Thats something I hadnt heard of .... I am taking it these are a Creative product? Does anybody know approximately the cost of the kit? I will try it out.

Is intense pink the same as flawless?? I know flawless is used to make short nail beds appear longer, but have heard its quite hard to get the colour to match with the mix ratio(if your using 3 beads), is intense pink the same or is the colour more even?

Flawless is a warm opaque pink and intense is a (very) cool transparent pink. Both are used as bases for custom colour blending. The blending of zones with any opaque colour is easy, you just have to fully taper each bead and make sure your mix is even. With transparent colours like intense... it really isnt an issue at all ;)

Jen - You would need to call or check out www.designernails.com for the pricing of the kit

Hope this helps!

nailfairy said:
Is intense pink the same as flawless?? I know flawless is used to make short nail beds appear longer, but have heard its quite hard to get the colour to match with the mix ratio(if your using 3 beads), is intense pink the same or is the colour more even?
Intense pink is similar to perfect pink but more, well...pinky! It's brighter and gives nails a really healthy look. You can still see the natural nail bed through it, unlike the flawless pink which is opaque x

Just got some intense pink today, think it looks great, looking forward to using it on clients

Hi everyone
please excuse me if I seem a bit thick here but I'm getting a little confused! I did my CN foundation course in July last year and have been using only the products I was taught to use which was perfect color in pink and white and retention liquid. I get confused with what other powders I can use and what liquid. You all talk about mixing powders so how do you know what you can mix with what and how to mix correctly, and what is Moxie and when should I use this?
Thanks
Donna

DONZIE said:
Hi everyone
please excuse me if I seem a bit thick here but I'm getting a little confused! I did my CN foundation course in July last year and have been using only the products I was taught to use which was perfect color in pink and white and retention liquid.
Which is totally fine and probably the products you will still use much of the time in the salonl!

I get confused with what other powders I can use and what liquid.
Don't be confused, there's nothing to it... you can use ALL Perfect Powders with Retention+ (Flawless and Intense included) - these particular powders can be used to 'dsiguise' imperfect nail plates or enhance perfect nail plates!

You all talk about mixing powders so how do you know what you can mix with what and how to mix correctly
The Custom Blended Kit has a whole menu of 'how' to mix shades but like many things - playing and practise will really help you. Add yellow or blue to pink and you get different warmths for different skin tones (we are talking only tiny scoops too)! Diane has totally custom blended my nails and she tweaks it until she feels she has my perfect skin tone colour!

What is Moxie and when should I use this?
In the latest issue of Update (due out any second), I have written a Q&A for Moxie as it has caused some of you to 'wonder'!! Here is the most honest answer I can give!
IF YOU USE RETENTION+ OR RADICAL AND U R HAPPY.... then you DON'T NEED MOXIE!! Moxie is for teks who WANT to work faster in the salon... it is for teks who want to compete with a fast setting liquid; Moxie was bought out for the specific purpose for teks who wanted to use CND but wanted a faster setting liquid than Ret+ or Rad - so once again.... IF IT AIN'T BROKEN.... DON'T FIX IT!! HTH's

Oh thanks for clearing that up that for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets confused about all of this. Sounds simple but not if you're a newie I guess

DONZIE said:
Oh thanks for clearing that up that for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets confused about all of this. Sounds simple but not if you're a newie I guess
absolutely Donzie... I just don't want you to think it is overly confusing when it really needn't be so... later I will do a post on the Custom Blended Kit which should help! Right now I have to give a 4 year old a bath!! ;)

If you would like a variety of colour and our confused about mixing, did you know ezflow do over 80 pre mixed powders!! simple hey!!!

the custom blend kit is about £55 (plus vat - just checked my invoice, lol) and you get...

p/c pink, intense pink and flawless pink, p/c white and soft white, glimmer and twilight and all of the colours in metro and mosaic. You get a little scoop and two mixing dishes and, as sam said, a littl recipe book that nott only allows you to mix colours for skin tones but also to make another about 20-odd colours on top of what you already have (rose and fushia are stunning! as is melon - especially with a tan!). I love my kit!

hth

you also get black

Do you charge more for custom blending? Have you found its popular with your customers?

Latest posts

Back