CND Shellac colour range

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelizabeth

Reaction score
I’ll admit I am struggling a bit with the colours available in Shellac, the new collections I’m just not bothering with because it’s not what my clients want. I only have a small-ish collection (my wall rack has a few spaces left) and I already have ‘shelf sitters’.

I’m reluctant to buy new colours because they end up not being used, they’re quite expensive which I don’t mind for a good quality product... however there have been problems with the new ranges. I have a couple of colours from newer collections that don’t seem to perform as well and need 3 coats which is costly. I’ve noticed sweet squared have recalled bloodline and have admitted a problem with that one.

What are your thoughts? These cheap gel polish ranges always seem so have beautiful colours that clients want and it’s a bit frustrating!

Going with a cheaper line doesn’t mean sacrificing quality, I have heard fab things about the gel bottle, ink London and others- all are better value then shellac. I like the removal of the shellac colours I have, but not a reason to stick with them (some of my ladies don’t get as much time out of it as it’s so easy to remove). I don’t really follow the new collections for shellac though- I just have a few core colours, but you could always sell on a few of your shelf sitters and use the money to try out a different line? (Just pick up the base/top and a colour or 2, with gel bottle you wouldn’t have any issues reselling it if you didn’t get in with it)

Going with a cheaper line doesn’t mean sacrificing quality, I have heard fab things about the gel bottle, ink London and others- all are better value then shellac. I like the removal of the shellac colours I have, but not a reason to stick with them (some of my ladies don’t get as much time out of it as it’s so easy to remove). I don’t really follow the new collections for shellac though- I just have a few core colours, but you could always sell on a few of your shelf sitters and use the money to try out a different line? (Just pick up the base/top and a colour or 2, with gel bottle you wouldn’t have any issues reselling it if you didn’t get in with it)

Thank you! I’ve invested so much money into the CND brand it’s not really an option for me to switch, and I have always gotten on with the product and my clients except for a coupe with weak or flaky nails all like it. Just wish there were a better range of colours and some of them I am worried about buying because you see the complaints about them :(

Latest posts

Back