Co-Operative Marketing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verve Designs

TAFNO Extensionize
Reaction score
As some of you know, I own a busy hair salon and extensionists- and thought I'd share a little marketing trick that has worked for us in the past.

Often, especially when a budget for marketing is a little tight, we'll co-operate with a local non-competitive but complimentary business such as a nail salon, or a holistic therapist on our marketing.

For example, we'll each take a side on a A5 leaflet (share the cost of printing. delivery etc), or we'll each put a banner advert on each others website. Just simple stuff really.

Has anyone else done anything like that in the past? And do you think the Geek would be a good place for people to co-ordinate, or find, people who wanted to do similar things in their area?

Just a thought......

I think that sounds like a great idea. I have a little (extremely informal) arrangement with a local beauty therapist where she's passed me a couple of spray tan clients (even though she offers manual St Tropez tans) and I've passed her a couple of bridal bookings for make-up and manicures.

You're making me think we could actually join forces in a slightly more formal way.

Thanks for that xx

I know people who have undertaken co-operative referrals and marketing with florists and gyms. They found that just by going in and introducing themselves to the other business and leaving some business cards they managed to attract new clients.

Latest posts

Back