cocktail 'recipes'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzi

Reaction score
ok, i'm sitting here more than a little drunk, so if I hit any typos, please excuse..,.,....

it was my birthday yesterday (but I was working :twisted: ). So we had a cocktails night tonight. invented some crackin drinks (there are probably loadsa versions of these already, but who cares, theyre good!)

These were invented more to the end f the night so I don't have exact recipes or measures, but hey, that's half the fun, hehe

this one tastes like cherry-ade
tropical liquer (sp?!)
vodka
pineapple juice
1 btl watermelon rum drink (we had caribbean kick in the house)
red bull
amaretto

I thihk the vodka adn amaretto were 25 ml shots, may have been more - to suit your taste! very nce

this came out a nice, light green - like the sea in foreign holiday brochures, but the next time it came out darker, still tasted good
tropical liquer
blue wcked
smirnoff ice - I know I definitely used a bottle of th#at
vodka
amaretto
Again, I think the vodka and amaretto were 25ml

can't remember this one, but must have liked it as I wrote ingredients down

frozen cranberries nd raspberries
1/3 bottle watermelon drink
bottle smirnoff ice
cream soda
peach schnapps
cointreau
25ml p. schnapps and cinttreau

peach schanapps
tropical liquer
cointreau
irn bru wicked
lime cordial
some port - don't like to much, but just poured some in
orange, pineapple and citrusy juice to fill container

cointreau
peach schnapps
2/3 watermelon drink
tropical liquer (yes, we finished the bottle:D )
red bull, lemonadfe, citrus drink, pineapple juice and orange juice to fill

oh, and black russians are minging

tia maria
vodka
pepsi

we had another nce drink, but i Think that was just everything pooured into one big jug, cant really ememnber

hmm, i would like to add that I do not condoneh alcohol abuse and it's not my fault it you get drunk trying to get my ingredients in the right quantiets# because I cant remember them. enjoy them. I think i'll be embarassed when I rad this sber. im going to bed. i had a good brthday. i am rather drunmk.

Sounds like you had a crackin nite Linzi! lol! I found a fab site, www.cocktail.com. It has hundreds of recipes and I'm sure there's a link where you can type in which ingredients you have and it gives you recipes accordingly! How good is that?!

Cheeky Vimtos. Mix a bottle of blue WKD with a shot of port.

Greens (named after the colour and the person who invented them). Mix a bottle of orange reef with a shot of blue bols.

These were both invented when I was a poor student and couldn't afford fancy cocktail ingredients. They also both get you very drunk and give you a very bad headache!!

Now I'm more of a cosmopolitan girl, mai tai's are delicious too...flirtinis are yummy too, invented for SJP in a bar in New York...

Flirtini
1 oz Raspberry vodka
1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz Pineapple juice
Splash of lime juice

Mix in a glass and top up with champagne :)

linzi said:
hmm, i would like to add that I do not condoneh alcohol abuse and it's not my fault it you get drunk trying to get my ingredients in the right quantiets# because I cant remember them. enjoy them. I think i'll be embarassed when I rad this sber. im going to bed. i had a good brthday. i am rather drunmk.

Linzi that is completely hilarious - LMAO BIG TIME !!!!!! :)

Not surprised you were ar*eholed - i would have been on the floor with that lot!

Glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration hun xxx

ps - just cringed at the thought of how you are probably feeling this morning! :|

MMMMMMMM i love cocktails and have a large selection of books and menus (which i have nicked when on my hols :smack: ) My ultimate fave is

1 large shot vodka
1 large shot peach schnapps
top with cranberry light
loads of ice
wedge of lime

WOO WOO!!!!!

I looooooooooove cocktails!!!

My fave is Screaming Orgasm...can't remember the exact ingredients...baileys, cream, milk, tia maria (i think?!)...something like that (usually too drunk to remember what's in my drinks!!)

One time at this party when I was at college, me and my friend Kristina decided to make our own Orgasm cocktail, except we only had Tia Maria and Dooleys to work with (toffee flavoured liqour, its grosss). So we bunged those 2 in a large glass, threw in some milk, and to get the coffee flavour, we threw in some coffee granules...I swear, I amost threw up everywhere!! Wasn't impressed by the coffee meets toffee concoction! Never again!! :rolleyes:

I LOVE Rocket Fuel aswell, we ordered a MASSIVE jug of it on my birthday, don't know what is in it, well, my friend Kate said "it's got EVERYTHING in it!!"...so I'm guessing a various list of ingredients, it's very fruity! Yummy!!

Also Long Island Iced Tea, yum! Think Blue Lagoon is the worst thing ever, also Snake Bites! *PUKE*...WHY would someone drink that?! Lol!

Best shots....Liver Failures.... red aftershock, blue aftershok, sambuca and baileys, and its layered so you get all the pretty colours in it! Lol and its STRONG!!! One of these almost floored me!!

Ok, Im off to drink some coffee, I promise Im not an alcoholic!!! :Love:

xxx

How can you not like Dooleys Laystar??!! Its fab! Try it poured over really good vanilla ice cream, or in a BIG glass with ice...delish!

Not to sure about the liver failures - never quite understood aftershock, reminds me of minging mouthwash!

Theres a fab cocktail bar in Chester called Bar Lounge, and they do a drink in there called liquid cocaine - its vodka, red bull and champagne - 2 of those and you practically have to be peeled off the ceiling.

Shots - in Spain my local used to do one called Monkey brains - baileys & creme de menthe - the creme de menthe curdles the baileys and it goes into a congealed lump (like a monkey brain!). It tastes quite strange, and the texture in bizarre, but theyre great fun!!

Lol!!! Dooleys is soo sickly!!! However, I do LOVE Mudshakes - milkshake flavoured vodka!! Delicious!!

Aftershock is gross but it does the trick...getting you drunk!! Plus they're cheap lol!

But I still love my malibu and coke ;) That's what I normally drink when I'm out! Will check out a Liquid Cocaine, we have a cocktail bar here too, the menu is so big, its written across a wall LOL! Feel a hangover coming on already!!

xx

oh my god. that is all I can say. :o

got to bed at 4 this morning - everyone had to get up for work (i wasn't working till this afternoon) - and I got up a few hours ago. I'm actually fine, I think for how drunk I was, this is the least hungover I've ever been.

Shots wise, I love 'em. But, I'm quite naughty when I drink in that I try to encourage everyone else to drink them with me :green:. I remember I was out with my boyfriend and his friends (mine had no stamina, lol) and four of us got together and decided we'd have a little shot competition - See who could drink the most. I think I managed to get to five before I noticed that no-one else was left, so who knows when they buggered off! I then found one of Jim's shot and drank it (cos i though he was past it), turns out he wasn't and had to go buy another :D.

Anyway, I don't have time to check the website out properly just now, but it looks like it might be fun! Hehee, thanks jordinail.

I dont know whats matter with me lately but i seem to be getting hangovers pretty easy ie: 2 cans of cider and i feel a little queezy the next morning!!!

So goon on you for not being ill

Amanda

lmao - love it..... thats normally me drunk on here!!!!

baileys and cherryade i find is nice (not really just pinching something i saw on only fools and horses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all cocktails...........champagne ones expecially but anything goes... last one i had i just wanted to embarress the barman...............i ordered a SLIPPERY NIPPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

linzi said:
ok, i'm sitting here more than a little drunk, so if I hit any typos, please excuse..,.,....

it was my birthday yesterday (but I was working :twisted: ). So we had a cocktails night tonight. invented some crackin drinks (there are probably loadsa versions of these already, but who cares, theyre good!)

These were invented more to the end f the night so I don't have exact recipes or measures, but hey, that's half the fun, hehe

this one tastes like cherry-ade
tropical liquer (sp?!)
vodka
pineapple juice
1 btl watermelon rum drink (we had caribbean kick in the house)
red bull
amaretto

I thihk the vodka adn amaretto were 25 ml shots, may have been more - to suit your taste! very nce

this came out a nice, light green - like the sea in foreign holiday brochures, but the next time it came out darker, still tasted good
tropical liquer
blue wcked
smirnoff ice - I know I definitely used a bottle of th#at
vodka
amaretto
Again, I think the vodka and amaretto were 25ml

can't remember this one, but must have liked it as I wrote ingredients down

frozen cranberries nd raspberries
1/3 bottle watermelon drink
bottle smirnoff ice
cream soda
peach schnapps
cointreau
25ml p. schnapps and cinttreau

peach schanapps
tropical liquer
cointreau
irn bru wicked
lime cordial
some port - don't like to much, but just poured some in
orange, pineapple and citrusy juice to fill container

cointreau
peach schnapps
2/3 watermelon drink
tropical liquer (yes, we finished the bottle:D )
red bull, lemonadfe, citrus drink, pineapple juice and orange juice to fill

oh, and black russians are minging

tia maria
vodka
pepsi

we had another nce drink, but i Think that was just everything pooured into one big jug, cant really ememnber

PMSL.................You go girl !!!!!

At to laugh at Linzi's post lmao
I remember when I was 21 the guys had a whip round in the local for me and made me a pint pot cocktail. It consisited of every spirt optic in the pub lol
it was very strong and its a great wonder I survived pmsl

Latest posts

Back