Coffin nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspink_0

Reaction score
So today my daughter wanted coffin nails. I haven't done them before but followed what the nail magazine said to do. Shape as a stiletto and flatten the free edge. Not happy with them. One side looks more filed in than the other one. Has anybody got any tips on this shape please. I'm not happy with how they turned out anyway, she is. Thank you in advance.

I think true coffin nails are supposed tohave 4 corners, rather than just flattening the free edge. I tried to find a photo on google, but they all looked like ballerinas or tapered squares to me. I'm sure someone will come along with a decent photo soon.

I think the key to filing is to keep comparing one side to the other and filing just a bit from each side at a time, to make sure they match.

Did you take a photo?

(Sorry I'm not much help - I haven't done a set of coffins myself yet. I think it's a tricky shape to do unless the nails are very long.)

Thank. It wont let me upload the photo.

It's just practicing filing. Same as any shape really. If one side is more filed in then just take it slower and keep checking as you file looking at the nail from both directions.

I now use forms because it's easier for me to create stilettos and coffin nails.

But when I was using tips I found it a lot easier and quicker to cut the sides of the tips and then shape with a file!

I've found this video from Nona Phillipa on YouTube so helpful for tips on how to file different shapes

https://instagram.com/p/BR4Q13SAtPj/

I've also seen this technique which seems like a great idea for people who use tips - although I haven't tried it myself. (Hopefully the link works!)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1495969140.913018.jpg
Coffin nails and gel polish/glitter

Latest posts

Back