College Advice - The London College of Beauty & Make Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysTy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone attended or know someone who attended The London School of Beauty & Make Up? I've been doing a lot of research into the vast amount of colleges and courses out there and have come across this institution. I'm very interested in a 'Beauty Therapy' course there however, I've not been able to find any reviews on the college or its facilities so thought I'd try here.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I thought I would post a reply to help out anyone with a query about choosing a college.
I ended up attending the before named college and had a great time. The theory is full on and the tutors have a high expectation of their students, which is often the push we need to do more than we thought we could. The college is very strict but gives you a great insight into working within the industry. I completed my level 2 Beauty in 8months and have now moved onto the level 3 program.
My advice when choosing a college is to,
a) Visit the college - talk to the tutors and if you get the chance some students. Do the students seem happy.....
b) Visit the college salon for a treatment - this will give you an insight into the calibre of the teaching
c) Check out reviews and forums for other peoples experiences of the institutes you are looking at
d) Most importantly, go with your gut feeling, where did you feel comfortable.
Good luck

thanks so much for sharing your experience, 'm in the same position you were in last year, can I ask was this course full or part time? I will still need to work full time until I am qualified. Good luck with your level 3 x

Hi Camille,
My course was considered full time (if over 15hours I think) and was over two and half days a week. Two days 9.00-5.00 and a half day 1.30-5.00. I loved the fact that it was fast track (no half terms breaks etc) so we finished in 7 months (Jan-July). I did however decide to study my level 3 some where locally for financial reasons and the fact that I didn't feel confident fast tracking level 3 with all the A&P that's involved. I don't regret my choice and am enjoying studying at a more relaxed pace.
Like you I also had to work part time in order to support myself which was quiet easy to do. As a full time student you can apply for a TFL 18+ student travel discount that gives you a 1/3 off your weekly or monthly travel/bus card cost which helped me out a great deal.
Good luck with your choice......let me know how you get on.

Latest posts

Back