College Fees

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tink18

Reaction score
with me being nearly 19 i have to pay for my beauty therapy course @ Whitwood tech, has anyone else paid for their courses? :?:

Yep anyone over the age of 18 unless on benefits will have to pay college course fee's.

if your still 18 when your college course starts you shouldn't have to pay i didn't.
get the college info pack it will all be in there somewhere.

Rach xx

ive done part time courses and had to pay for them, but then i did a few full time courses and did not have to pay for them and im 41

Yes, unfortunately I had to pay for my college fees. I was in fulltime employment and the course was 2 evening per week for a year.

All depends on your circumstances as others didn't pay a penny nor pay towards any kit they got for the course.

like Julie said it depends on wether your course is full time or part time. any full time course is payed for by the govenment irrelevent of age. Unfortunately part time courses have to be paid for over the age of 18 i think.

check out with the college to make sure it is only part time, full time courses don't necesserily have to be 40 hours ya know.

Another thing if you are taking other courses at the college these all count towards your time in education. It may be worth while taking a night class to boost your hours and therefore exempting you from payment.

Being in receipt of state benefits can also makie you exempt from payment. Could you apply for a grant to help with costs? Take advice from student services at your college they tell you your best options.

i forgot to say i was working full time as well, the only thing i had to pay for was my kit, but there is funding for that you have to speak to student services and they will have some numbers you could phone , either there is a web address they could give you about funding for your kit, you put all your details in and it says wether you could get help, if i can find it i will let you know

my college arent charging for any NVQ 2 courses if you got less then 5 GCSEs, but you do have to pay for your kit.

Hi
I started on part time beauty courses in Leek in September for which I had to pay for. I was then lucky enough to have the opportunity to change to the full time course and my lectures are currently trying to get me fees back as they say I shouldnt have to pay now my course is full time.

Hope this helps.

ok cheers thanks for all ur help

Yes I had to pay for my course, which laid very hard with me as EVERYONE on my course had got it free as they were on benefits. I paid about £280 at college plus all the kit and college whites. Everyone else got their course free plus a grant to pay for the kit and white tunics etc. Only good thing about it all was that about 75% of them dropped out and because I had paid for the course myself I stuck it out.

Latest posts

Back