College please any geeks....??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjamjarz

Reaction score
Heya, I'm 15 and working three days a week in a salon as a junior (all legal lol) I'm not 16 till march but I'm so eager to start college and learn to cut!! I'm probz going to have to start next September but I was wondering if anyone knew if they would take me early (I don't know if this is likely) or do you think they would take me on in march? My boss could teach me everything but cutting sonit would be a bit like fast tracking it I suppose? Do you think if I called for an interview they would be willing for this option? Just wondered if anyone out there has come across this before or know anyone who has been able to do this? Or if there are any other options out there that I dont have to wait till next sept for! I can already put hair up, curl and apply tints and I'm going to be shown how to highlight soon. (don't worry not on clients lol! My mums been my dummy so far as well as a head ;) )

Thank you geeks!! :) xxxx

Hi, I'm not a hairdresser (yet! Lol) but start college next month, the one I will be going to has classes for 14-16 year olds so might be worth speaking to local colleges/your school? Good luck :) xxx

When I done my apprenticeship my college was more of an independant training povider, all they taught was hairdressing. They staggered the start dates, I started in the January, and there was people starting all through the year.

So there is colleges that start other times than September.

Maybe it's worth doing a google search.

Were in the UK are you? X

Latest posts

Back