Colour advice (Love when clients are wrong)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyNyx

Reaction score
Me again :)

I had a client who I used to do, who had 9% bleach foils with the odd 9N foils as well. She's naturally around a base 7/8 so fairly light to begin with.

In march she asked me to take her to a very dark brown, she wanted it a smidgeon darker than 4N! I politely told her that after spending so long getting to her desired blonde look I really didn't think it was good idea, as she is fairly picky and I didn't think she would like it. I explained that if she did decide she didn't like it, it would be a royal pain-in-the-butt to fix her back to a nice blonde colour as her hair wouldn't be in the best condition. I also explained that it would fade and look wishy-washy real quickly and need lots of maintenence, and that it would need to be a nice warm brown to avoid khaki tones.

All things considered we decided not to do the colour. I didn't hear from her from her after that, and I just presumed that it was because she was very busy having just taken on a second job and etc.

She has now just got in touch with me asking if I can do hers and two relatives hair that I used to ... could I possibly take her from a dark brown to a blonde/brown as she thinks her hair is too dark. So obviously, she has gone to a different hairdresser and got the dark brown done! This is her own perrogative but i'm now feeling very smug that she wants to change it again .. "I told you so" springs to mind.

My question is, do you think it would be possible without causing ALOT of damage to her hair? I'm thinking in this time frame she might've had say two-four coats of brown on so there will be some product build up.

Would a bleach bath be strong enough for her hair if it's this dark? A tutor in our college has been using an effasor? (I think that's what she said it was) to go from bright red to really blonde every few weeks ... would one of these work?

She's said she doesn't want to take it slowly when I suggested doing it gradually via highlight.

I'm thinking we'll probably end up going for something like a 6/7 in depth and then adding some cooler tones in future.

Thanks in advance!!

hey, yes u could do a bleach bath or use effasor (L'Oreal colour remover), I normally do baths. One scoop bleach, one scoop warm water, one scoop 3 or 6%, leave it on until u get your desired lift. you will need to use a porosity balancer and dry it in before re-colouring! If she's fussy i'd do some strand tests to show her what base u will be using and which hi/lite! hth x

Hello!
Here at Blondi Rae we have a revolutionary new product that removes unwanted colour without the need for bleach bathing. It doesn't contain any peroxide, ammonia or bleaching agents, so it leaves your client's hair in great condition! It works by shrinking the dye molecules so that they can simply be rinsed away.
What's more, we supply products direct from the factory to the salon, thus cutting out wholesale costs & saving you money!
If you want more info, visit Blondi Rae™ hair products and salon supplies | Home or follow Blondi Rae herself on Twitter: Blondi Rae (BlondiRae) on Twitter
Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back