Colour/condition advice please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faerie

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to ask some questions to professionals regarding my hair! I have 2 children under 2 and believe me, it has played havoc with my hair. I can't remember the last time it looked healthy and shiny and here's why... I'm naturally a mousey blonde colour (last time I checked) but I started colouring at home from the age of 14. I did go through a phase of having highlights but the upkeep became to expensive and I went back to home colour! Now I have hideous regrowth after 4/5 weeks and that horrible 'greasy at the roots, dry and straw-like at the ends' kind of texture constantly!

I'd like to stay blonde as I have a very fair skin-tone and blue eyes so I think brunette may be a little too stark for my complexion. Can anyone recommend a way of colouring (either salon/home) which would minimise regrowth and really bring that vibrant condition back?!

Thanks in advance :)

The perfect solution for you is to use a demi permenant colour (which I can find at the hair suppliers). They lasts from 10-12 weeks. They are not as harsh as a permanent colour and also gives you a glossy finish making your hair look healthier too! Just google up hair suppliers on the net for the nearest supplier near you.

I would say go to a professional,i had the same after I had my little boy, I just went for the quickest option,and went brunette, looked like mortisha adams! was constantly having to tan! and when running a house, your own business,and looking after my little boy,and his dad, isnt happening,lol!
I went to my local salon,and had it coloured a lovely dark golden blonde, its gorgeous! very much like una from the Saturdays,my roots blend in great, i can easily get away with not having them done for 3 months, and im very anal about my roots,as I do hair.
I understand that money may be tight, but it really is worth seeing a professional,I wouldnt go to a beauty/hair suppliers,as there products are meant for professionals,and are so for a reason.With a box colour you would probably end up with kakhi ends,and orange roots! You can always ask at a local salon if they are looking for models at the minuite,and there junior stylists can do it at a discount price, or go along to your local college, they do the same,dont be put off by them being learners,there tutor will help them do the consultation,and will keep an eye on them every step of the way.
Hope this helps,
Kate x

Lol Endless' answer is a lot better. Should do it at the salons professionally. Tafe/hair colleges students are always looking for models (over here in Australia anways) and they do it a real cheaps prices (usually just to cover the cost of products used). But yeah as I've mentioned before, ask about doing a demi permanent colour!

The perfect solution for you is to use a demi permenant colour (which I can find at the hair suppliers). They lasts from 10-12 weeks. They are not as harsh as a permanent colour and also gives you a glossy finish making your hair look healthier too! Just google up hair suppliers on the net for the nearest supplier near you.

Also, moussy/ash colors give a matte finish. If you are looking for shine, you need warmth to your shade. Gold is what reflects light, so if the darker levels are too harsh, try a dark golden blonde, or light golden brown. Stay away from ash toned color.

Thanks ever so much for your replies. I don't think I'd attempt to use a professional colour myself to be honest! I will definately ask for a demi-permanent colour though in gold tones. I didn't even know demi-permanent was a possibilty. Sounds perfect for me.

Do hairdressers really hate clients coming in with a picture of a celeb when it comes to imitating colour though? I'm not too good at describing what I want and have ended up with terrible gingery streaks on a couple of occasions!

Thanks again all :):)

Latest posts

Back