Colour Correction Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demeter

Reaction score
My colleague at work (I work in an office now but did hairdressing 10 years ago) has asked me if I can sort out a colour that she had done in a salon.

At the end of April this year she had a full head tint of 66/44 (wella). She hadn't had it coloured since then so it had faded quite a lot and she had 3 inches of regrowth (she is naturally about a base 7).

She decided that she wanted a warmer more sophisticated colour this time, more of a rich brown with a slight red tone.

She had it done at a salon last friday and they used Koleston perfect 6/75 with some red mixtone and wove some 7/37 slices underneath in line with her ear level( these you can't really see at all unless you are in a certain light and know that they are there)

When it was all finished it looked really quite dark and plummy/purple. She has a very light skintone and this colour looks really cold and dark against her skin.

What would you suggest to use to warm up and lighten the colour?

The salon did say they could put some high lights through it but then she is concerned about the condition of her hair (which isn't too bad at all) and also what colour they could put over the highlights as she doesn't want to be blonde.

Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back