Colour reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suse82

Reaction score
I had a lady in this morning for a skin test and a consultation her hair is wrecked so I was also cutting it today too. When I was asking about colour history she said she had a little blonde in her hair with an all over "browny blonde" colour on the rest. Then she started to colour it herself with nice and easy, then she went to a salon to get a darker all over colour put on. She said when she was in the chair waiting for her hair to process her hair started warming up and smelling of metal. So obviously I took hair from her and did an incompatibility test but there was reaction. What do you think it could be?

Metallic salts?

I've done an incompatibility test and there was no reaction.

Before you proceed i'd do an actual colour test to see how it reacts again! Rather than an incom test

I'll give that a go see what happens.

Just a thought but if her hair has metallic salts present, it might not be evenly distributed across the head and that could be why the section you tested didn't show any reaction.

It's also likely that the traces of metallic salts have washed out since her last colour.

As Cams says, tread cautiously and try a colour test. Assuming that's ok, you should be good to go. :)

I've done an incompatibility test and there was no reaction.
Sorry I thought you said there was a reaction from incompatability test thats why I said dont touch it with colour.:)

obviously I took hair from her and did an incompatibility test but there was reaction. What do you think it could be?
I read it reacted too - obviously a missing word there

I read it reacted too - obviously a missing word there
Ahh so there is!! Haha I wonder why everyone was saying that! Ooops. Sorry. Yeah there was no reaction [emoji15]

So I did the incompatibility test and it came back no reaction then I did a colour test as you suggested cam and it was fine. I had the client in today I did her regrowth then started working on her mids to ends, I could feel the heat from the hair coming through my gloves then the tint started going a pinkish shade I rinsed it off straight away but I'm a bit confused as what it could be now. Her water supply comes from a stream, I thought that might have something to do with it.

So I did the incompatibility test and it came back no reaction then I did a colour test as you suggested cam and it was fine. I had the client in today I did her regrowth then started working on her mids to ends, I could feel the heat from the hair coming through my gloves then the tint started going a pinkish shade I rinsed it off straight away but I'm a bit confused as what it could be now. Her water supply comes from a stream, I thought that might have something to do with it.

Really odd.

It may have something to do with the water.

Best person to ask is @adamlea87

I'm on quite a few pages on fb with a lot of American stylists they say all the time about well water causing reactions because of the copper, iron & other metals naturally found in the water, could well be that! They suggest you cleanse with one of the Malibu treatments before a colour not sure which one tho sorry

Latest posts

Back