Coloured Gels Shrinking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicxzy

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know why my nsi balance colour gels may be shrinking (its the only way I can describe it!) when applied?
They shrink away from the nail walls and free edge even though Im capping?
I only got them at the weekend and have followed the directions word for word.
I usually use IBD colours which have been great no probs.
Cheers guys x

they do it to me too!

i gave up!

Hi
I would explain your problem to NSI and ask for a refund or exchange, it may be a bad batch but you may also find they may have had a few calls on this particular item, they won't bite, they can be very helpful.

So which gel colours on the market are good this would be intresting to know I'm thinking of purchasing some.

Davinia x
NSI VTCT Nail Technician
Henna Artist

oh no they cost me 70 quid!

I have used IBD in the past very good

i also use ibd and find them very good, however you need a good few layres to get the actual colour in the pot, is there one coat gel colour on the market?

please find it someone!

how many do you do & cure at a time?

Try applying one then lock it ...move to next one...lock it...and so on...thencure for 2 mins (or whatever its cure time is) at the end.

The longer you leave it on the nail plate b4 curing the more shrinking you get ( i think but dont know why this is !!)

wendyrose said:
i also use ibd and find them very good, however you need a good few layres to get the actual colour in the pot, is there one coat gel colour on the market?

Yes Biosculpture, Calgel and Azkentz - well you will need to do 2 layers actually !

thanks amber...which is best in your opinion?

only used bio and azkentz......for the money.......i would go for azkentz.

the colours are due out any time now - i dont have any problems with the pink options gel its the same so i shouldnt think colour would make a difference.

Bio is fab - very pricey £15 for a 4ml £30 for a 10 mil + vat - never lifts - 60 colours to choose from !!!

soak off which i the winner in my book !

hth

Amb x

MINKUS said:
how many do you do & cure at a time?

Try applying one then lock it ...move to next one...lock it...and so on...thencure for 2 mins (or whatever its cure time is) at the end.

The longer you leave it on the nail plate b4 curing the more shrinking you get ( i think but dont know why this is !!)

Yeah that sounds pretty accurate its always the first finger thats shrinking furthest (I know what I mean!)
By lock what do u mean? I know Im thick but it is friday!

A quick seconds in the lamp or so will lock it into place allowing you to move on to the next without it moving or shrinking - fab when doing smiles.

ooooh thanks I will try that!

Hi There ,

We do a fab range of col gels at Light Elegance . The cols can be mixed with each other to make your own custom shades if you want to .Also we have a great sparkle which can be mixed with any of the shades to give you a glittery efect

I have NEVER had sidewalll shrinkage and as long as you cap the free edge you do not get shrinkage there either .

Some of the cols DO cover in one coat and some of them need two coats to get the depth of shade you want .

There are always about 3 to 4 shades that will be on offer ( ususally the newest ones) but the normal price of £11.95 for a 12g pot is very good anyway

Take a look at the site www.lightelegance.co.uk and feel free to ask any questions you want :)

Karen

perfect10kb said:
Hi There ,

We do a fab range of col gels at Light Elegance . The cols can be mixed with each other to make your own custom shades if you want to .Also we have a great sparkle which can be mixed with any of the shades to give you a glittery efect

I have NEVER had sidewalll shrinkage and as long as you cap the free edge you do not get shrinkage there either .

Some of the cols DO cover in one coat and some of them need two coats to get the depth of shade you want .

There are always about 3 to 4 shades that will be on offer ( ususally the newest ones) but the normal price of £11.95 for a 12g pot is very good anyway

Take a look at the site www.lightelegance.co.uk and feel free to ask any questions you want :)

Karen

yep sorry i forgot about light elegance, i havent tried them YET !! But i am the gel queen/product junkie !! so maydo soon !

Amb x

Latest posts

Back