Colourphlex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suse82

Reaction score
I seen this advertised on the back of HJ this month, it's says you use it with your colour service and it repairs the hair from inside out?! Olaplex rip off?!?

I seen this advertised on the back of HJ this month, it's says you use it with your colour service and it repairs the hair from inside out?! Olaplex rip off?!?

I thought cureplex was going to be a rip off of olaplex, but cureplex has got a good review off a few members

It does dosent it :/ only probs is olaplex are adamant it's not the same thing, is curaplex or colourphlex available to us in the uk yet?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1431808818.383616.jpg

It does dosent it :/ only probs is olaplex are adamant it's not the same thing, is curaplex or colourphlex available to us in the uk yet?

It won't be exactly the same thing, but as long as they protect and repair the hair during bleaching who cares? :)

And I'm not sure about uk availability

I might give them a phone to see how much it is and if it's available

I'm getting really impatient waiting for olaplex tbh, I'll try them all before it gets here I expect l

Kahuna did you get an email from Olaplex this week?

I got one from them two days ago saying that they are starting to look at salons to stock Olaplex etc... And once our salon had been accepted we would be able to order etc... And to be patient!

I might have read between the lines, but didn't sound too promising for me to be able to get it as I'm self employed. I hope I'm wrong.

On the colorphlex website they have a report from TRI Princeton, which are a well known organisation which manufactures often use to test their products in order to make certain claims, for example that a product makes the hair x times more shiny or stronger.

The report uses one method which essentially involves repeatedly combing tresses of hair that have been treated with vs without the product and then comparing the amount of broken hairs. The more well conditioned and smooth the surface of the hair is, the less breakage, and therefore you can make claims about making the hair stronger, reducing breakage etc.

In the report the hair samples were bleached with 9% peroxide at a pH of 10.2, three times at 40°C (bleached does not mean using bleach in the hairdressing sense, rather alkaline peroxide). If you read the report you can read how much breakage was reduced when the hair was treated with the product (adding it into the bleaching mixture/ and using the conditioner) vs virgin hair and hair bleached without the product.

The product certainly did reduce breakage, although it would be interesting to know how this would compare to actual color applications, because when you lighten someones hair with a coloring product you are not just using straight up peroxide - there will be conditioning ingredients in the colour which manufactures love to tell us about, so I wonder how much of a difference this product would make in that sense.

I do feel like there is a trend for types of colour additives that claim to protect/condition/strengthen that hair since Olaplex gained popularity, with similar names, processes etc.. but they are not necessity claiming to be the same as Olaplex (reconnecting broken disulfide sulfur bonds)- not to say that they don't work, but I would think of them as a separate treatment.

The ABCH did a test of colorpHlex vs. mineral oil vs. b3 Brazilian Bond Builder vs. Olaplex when adding them to Blondor + 40vol for 50 minutes: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/OLAPLEX-Tested-Again.html?soid=1102356594365&aid=RGJVd8Idfn4 you can make up your own mind on their results.

Just thought I'd add to this, I went to capitals this morning and they had just had colorphlex delivered. I bought a sample pack and used it this afternoon on a client who I've been slowly getting lighter after being dark red for so long. It was amazing! Her hair looked and felt much better and I used it with bleach 9% and tint. I could leave the bleach on for an hour and the colour was so clean and fresh, the condition was incredible. Also didn't need a toner which was a bonus! It smells nice too, not too strong. I'm definitely going to be stocking up!

Just thought I'd add to this, I went to capitals this morning and they had just had colorphlex delivered. I bought a sample pack and used it this afternoon on a client who I've been slowly getting lighter after being dark red for so long. It was amazing! Her hair looked and felt much better and I used it with bleach 9% and tint. I could leave the bleach on for an hour and the colour was so clean and fresh, the condition was incredible. Also didn't need a toner which was a bonus! It smells nice too, not too strong. I'm definitely going to be stocking up!

Perhaps so, but everything I've seen and read indicates those results will only last through a few shampoos.

I can't find that much on it, would love to see any reports. Am hoping to see if anyone else has been using it too

I have used cureplex and snaplex both are amazing! This was a colour change who went from intense copper to platinum i did a colour remover with snaplex then a full head foils pl30 back pl40 top both with snaplex then pl20 inbetween the foils with snaplex and toned with 10/81 and snaplex. It was Amazing hair was healthier after the change!

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1432034899230.jpg
    1432034899230.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 1432035244635.jpg
    1432035244635.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 36
In the UK who distributes both of the snaplex and cureplex? I've been on the phone to Olaplex this morning and it's still going to take some time so I'ld love to try these in the meantime do I can compare. I average three to four scalp bleaches a week.

It's distributed by ICON. I've got the number here if you want it? It's on the back of the hairdressers journal this month

In the UK who distributes both of the snaplex and cureplex? I've been on the phone to Olaplex this morning and it's still going to take some time so I'ld love to try these in the meantime do I can compare. I average three to four scalp bleaches a week.

Both cureplex and snaplex you dont have to bump up developer or time. And alot of my scalp bleaches say there no itchy or burning. I did notice with olaplex even bumping up developer and time that it was alot more warmer. I have a few clients that have been 6 weeks since their colour and its still amazing most important thing is they look after it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Please can you? No amount of googling is helping! I'll call them today if I can. Thank you Suse

Latest posts

Back