Commission to self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tam McIlroy

Reaction score
Evening folks,

If you are paying commission to individuals that are Self Employed - What paper trail do you need for your books so you arent taxed for the sellers commission?

Evening folks,

If you are paying commission to individuals that are Self Employed - What paper trail do you need for your books so you arent taxed for the sellers commission?

Why would someone who is self- employed be taking commission.? Self employed workers handle their own cash.

I'm meaning for Retail, or would they take their commission and pay us the remainder.

I'm meaning for Retail, or would they take their commission and pay us the remainder.

Yes, hmrc can get really funny about it otherwise (think selling avon) and as self-employed therapists shouldn't they be stocking up their own retail. It is their business after all and problems may ensue in regards to refunds.

Furthermore to be self-employed one of the checklists is
  • they use their own money to buy business assets, cover running costs, and provide tools and equipment for their work.
I would suggest selling self employed therapists the items minus commission then they add what they like to make profit as , as a self-employed person they can decide their own pricing and marketing.

Perfect. Thanks for taking time to help clarify.

Latest posts

Back