Commuting?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkleberry

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im just wondering how long it takes you all to get to your salon/work? Ive never really had to travel to get to work and its seems a bit alien to me, however I have found a few fab potential premises, yet they are approx a 45 min drive each way. Any views on commuting and whether its a total pain or not would be most apreciated! Thanku!xxx

It used to take me 1 hour to drive there before I moved. I didn't really mind it to be honest, apart from when the road sweeper used to come out and drive infront of me a 5mph arrggghhh.
It beats getting the bus or train I really cant be doing with that!! xxx

So long as it is worth your while, there is no problem in commuting.:)

I drove to my salon for 10 years doing a 40 min commute each way 5 days a week, and it was only a problem if my car was off the road, as it took twice as long on public transport.
Remember that you'd need to think carefully about your working hours if using public transport, as presumably you'd be working one or two late nights a week so you might not want to be travelling home late at night on buses/trains, depending on what kind of area your salon is situated in.
Also if using your car think about parking facilities at your salon.

My other half usually chauffeur's me lol,
but if he is away on holiday then it takes me about 2 hrs each way on the bus :irked:

Latest posts

Back