Computer and Camera help needed.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameo Val

Reaction score
I need help from computer geeks please.

I have a FinePix A202 digital camera and in the past I have been able to download my photos from the camera onto the computer. This has been great for selling stuff on ebay etc. However for some reason now I just cannot get my camera to download the flippin pics.

I go to the FinePix viewer icon and the window comes up, but when I go to download nothing happens. I have uninstalled the FinePix viewer and then installed it again from the disc, but still no luck.

This is totally driving me mad, cos I have this great little camera, but I cant use it any more. In the past my daughters boyfriend would sort it out for me over the msn remote assistance program, but they have just broken up and so I cannot ask him any more.

Thanks.

I dont know if this will help you, but I never use the download program that came with my cam! they are always tricky lil things.
What I do is; I plug in my usb cable to the cam and comp. (switch the cam on)
I then double click on "My Computer" in windows and double click on icon that says "removable drive" (on my comp this shows as drive E)
once in that drive you should be able to find your pics, you can then pull the pics off as you want them.
select the pics you want, for multiple picks hold the ctrl button down as you click on each pic you want. then right click on one of the pics you selected, select cut.
Create a file on your comp for the pics, or go to where you want the pics to go.
Right click again and select paste.
Hey presto that should be it!
Dont forget to switch off your cam after.
Hope this helps Val

Thanks Jo, Mind you that sounds terribly confusing to me. But I have printed it out and will have a go, step by step. If that fails I will let hubby have a go.

Many thanks, I will let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back