Confused!! Can BT perform botox and dermal fillers alongside a prescribed nurse????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

confusedbunny

Reaction score
I am really confused. I am a qualified BT in NVQ BT Level 2 and level 3 epilation and have 8 years of IPL/Laser experience under my belt......

I played with the idea of introducing botox and dermal fillers into my small company. Upon research i realised it was clearly illegal for me to perform these treatments even with working alongside a prescribed nurse.....I was then told by the minority that its LEGAL based on my qualifications, if i do the training and find appropriate insurance.....I shopped around but insurance companies came back and said NO based on my qualifications and I clearly have to be a medical profession to inject somebody, whether a prescribed nurse is employed or not!!!

I decided to abort this idea as I do not like the grey area with differing opinions and the last thing i want is to be treating illegally but what i do not understand is the following reply I just received from one insurance company today:

Dear Ms *******,

Further to our telephone conversation this morning subject to you having a minimum NVQ3 qualification in electrolysis or laser then I am able to arrange Insurance coverage providing you complete a training course successfully for Dermal Filler & Botulinum Toxin Injections.

This email does not mention a thing about even having a prescribing nurse work along side me? (which is frightening!!!) and why would an insurance company offer insurance if its clearly illegal? And i wonder if they would pay out if something went wrong? and wondered if you are TRUELLY covered?

This whole subject alarms me, I might add that i have come to the sensible decision that I am NOT even contemplating these treatments until the law changes or something and its VERY clear that BT can LEGALLY treat with no grey area's...........It ceases to amaze me how BT who are desperate and do anything to offer this treatment, how they are treating with such a grey area.

It either LEGAL or ILLEGAL???? Why is there such a grey area????? HELP!!!!!

Back