Consumer Queries from abroad??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
How many of you receive consumer queries from outside your working area?

I find I get at least 10 emails a month, with queries of all kinds, in response to my MMA page on my site. They are all seeking help and referrals. Regrettably, I can't help much with referrals.
I answer them as best as I can, and try to teach them how to find a quality tech using quality products.
I don't benefit from them, obviously, as they'll never be able to come to me.
But how can I not answer them?? Would be irresponsible, no?

I'm wondering how many others of you, get queries A) seeking information on how to know if they're getting MMA or not B) seeking referrals to a quality tech ??

Could we not create a list of some kind on this site with the techs names and locations where we could look down the list by location to find a tech?

Is there not some way we could create a referral service?

It seems that there IS a need for this. I can't be the only tech who recieves questions for referrals.

What are your thoughts on this?

PS: I get requests/queries from around the world and NOT just in my country... With internet granting international access to information..... all sorts of people are finding me.

Last edited:
You could place a link on your website to the Salon Geek as we do have a consumer section so that people can post looking for a technician in their area.

A list would seem like a good idea, but who manages it and ensures it is kept up to date etc.

Would data protection need to be taken into account in this respect also?

When i get enquiries like this i look on here first and if i can not find someone for them i give them the number of CND who i know will put them in touch with a creative master tech,
but most of my enquiries come from England, hth

You could place a link on your website to the Salon Geek as we do have a consumer section so that people can post looking for a technician in their area.
I've wondered on this before.... but not sure if I wanted to do that as I often feel that some consumers might be privvy to too much info, on some of the forums? After all, we do a great deal of trouble-shooting for each other, etc.... I'm still not sure on this.

Would data protection need to be taken into account in this respect also?
Data protection? I don't understand your question.

http://www.salongeek.com/how-do-stuff-site/58761-how-search-geeks.html

They can search for members by the area they live/work in, and if they're desperate then they could do a thread in ChitChat looking for a technician/therapist/stylist.

hth's

I'll think on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back