Contracts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikinoodle

Reaction score
Hi Geeks just wanting to have your view on this matter.

Five girls and I went to work in a spa because our old place closed down and this other spa wanted to take on the products/data base/us in Oct last year, about three months ago a guy came in to work on the shop floor & he was looking to invest (hasn't yet).

Now from coming in he has been damn right nasty to some of us especially the younger girls & each day of work we get called for at least two meetings in privite where he is very intimadating he even told one of the girls(x) she was going to get massacered last week??? I had a meeting a couple of weeks ago where he totally stitched me up.
Now today he took x in to one of his many meetings and sacked her with no reason, not giving any notice. She works on a 50/50 basis.
I have been off this week but have just practically had it confirmed that my next day in work I will be getting the chop & I genuinly do not know what to do, I only work 1 day on reception but am trying to build mobile clients up so it is kind of no big worry for me:eek: but I want to know where we stand legally I have spoken to a really good solicitor but would like to hear it from the point of view of an Employer. We also have No contracts/Terms & Agreements

Thanks so much for any help/advise

:hug:
Now today he took

Doesn't matter have been sacked !

oh no.. why is he sacking everyone ?
and dont they have to give notice?

He sounds like a right Juan Kerr, whoever he is! I'd be speaking to a solicitor if you've been sacked without notice - assuming you had a contract of employment and weren't on probation...

No contract :eek:, but have taken legal advice yest so am just trying to make a diary of events because not only does he randomly sack people he is a bully & has a major issue with age, so let the battle commence:cry:
I hate any confrontation but I will not roll over on this one, I am extremely mad, he even did it when I had the kids with me?

I do feel for you, it can't be very nice for you atm, but, strictly speaking, you can get rid of an employee with less than 12 months service without giving a valid reason. You do still need to give statutory payments like a weeks pay in lieu of notice.

Even if you didn't have a written contract of employment, you will have worked on an 'implied term contract' or something like that. Basically it means that if you have done regular jobs/tasks & hours since October, then they become part of your implied contract. There are still other stautory payments though you will be entitled to like holiday pay.

I'm certainly no expert on employment law but your best bet is to speak to a proper legal expert to get the correct advice.

Hope it all sorts itself out.

Latest posts

Back