Core nails polish colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautificnails

Reaction score
Hi, I've just got the green light all is good to go with premises for my nail salon 😁

I anticipate majority of clients will be wanting enhancements - but I'd like to stock a range of different colour polishes for those who would like a mani, pedicure or natural enhancements with polish on to.

Could anyone suggest some core/essential polish colours to get me going that I can build up as things (hopefully) take off?

Any suggestions for decent brands with a good reputation for service be helpful too - though I am thinking sparitual as heard good reviews & NSI stock which is where I get most of my supplies from.

Thank you! Xx

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooooooo how exciting!

I would advise you to try to stick to one brand / as little different brands as possible as it just looks more professional.

Personally I use OPI as that's just what I started with but if I was starting now I would invest in CND Vinylux instead.

I have got a top ten Shellac colours video which you may find useful as in there I talk about the type of colours I recommend to cover all angles with the different types of client you will get (the ones that like the light colours, the bright colours and the dark colours) so that you have something for everything and then can eventually fill in the gaps inbetween over time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H8IxLqGgAGQ

Hope this helps and good luck ☺️ x

Thank you so much, that video is really helpful!
Vinylux did crop up a fair few times when trying to research, I think I'll look more into it.
I definitely want to stock one line of polish so it gives a more professional image xx

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

You're welcome, no problem!

Yes it definitely does. Can you image your shelf having like 15 OPIs, a couple of China Glaze, a random Revlon polish... You know 😂

Obviously the difference between Vinylux and the rest is that it's a weekly polish when as regular polishes as mentioned above aren't quite as hard wearing x

Latest posts

Back