Could you have started/or run your buisness without help??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an interesting thread. Guess it goes to show we get there whether we are single, married, or have an ex. Women are very determined! (Not knocking the guys either).

By the way, after 28 years of marriage I can longer change a tyre, huff and puff when I have to do a lightbulb, and the kitchen isn't mine any longer. I couldn't have done it without him (emotionally and financially) -but this thread has made me wonder whether I would have?

JES

Collin why do you have to ask such profound questions which will make me blubb?!:rolleyes:

I funded my training and then set up the salon with money my dad left me when he died.:cry::cry: My brother decorated it for me. My lovely hubby has had his business brains picked to the ends of the earth and my mum helps with childcare.

None of us is an island, we all have support somewhere and I hope I (we) remember to thanks those people every now and again.

Now don't make me cry again Collin!!!!!!!!!!

Debs this is one of the nicest stories ever and as you say acts as a reminder to us all to be grateful for the support in whatever shape or form or no matter how much or little it is we get from those around us.

Whilst we like it or not,can accept it or not there aren't many that would be where we are today without that support :hug:

How wonderful that your dads life on this earth has been channeled into your life now through the salon you walk into each and every day...it must feel good that in a way he is all around you in everything you touch and do ...without his help at the back end of his life you maybe wouldn't have been able to achieve it :hug:

Huh, Collin, your questions certanly brought back memories... all this things that I take for granted now, now that everything is set in it's place, my education, work, clients...

... but it's interesting how sometimes God does move in mysterious ways :idea:

I fell and hurt my back, my boss called me tomorrow and fired me. I had no mom or dad to help me, no husband, in new, big and cruel city, all I had was my child and an idea that I want to do nails. And all this mystery and miraculous moves did came from the strangest place. Did you ever notice that? That help sometimes comes from people you would never, never expect?

So. My daughter's father gave me money to put me through nail school. It was huge money, more than 2 000 pounds. His mother, who always gave me hard time (and btw, has bad arthritis) called and said - we'll take care of the child while you get everything together. Need to say my own parents closed the door for me?

So my daughter was with her father and his parents for 6 months. They would bring her to me every month to see, and it was the most heart breaking time in my life. But I was working and learning because I knew I was granted a great chance, a great help and that I must do my best to justifie that.

I don't know what happened in the minds of all those people to change their hearts like that, but it really doesn't matter now, I think. I'm just gratefull.

And it proves, beyond and without any pathetic, that anything is possible and anything can be repaired, only if you put your heart in it.

Huh, Collin, your questions certanly brought back memories... all this things that I take for granted now, now that everything is set in it's place, my education, work, clients...

... but it's interesting how sometimes God does move in mysterious ways :idea:

I fell and hurt my back, my boss called me tomorrow and fired me. I had no mom or dad to help me, no husband, in new, big and cruel city, all I had was my child and an idea that I want to do nails. And all this mystery and miraculous moves did came from the strangest place. Did you ever notice that? That help sometimes comes from people you would never, never expect?

So. My daughter's father gave me money to put me through nail school. It was huge money, more than 2 000 pounds. His mother, who always gave me hard time (and btw, has bad arthritis) called and said - we'll take care of the child while you get everything together. Need to say my own parents closed the door for me?

So my daughter was with her father and his parents for 6 months. They would bring her to me every month to see, and it was the most heart breaking time in my life. But I was working and learning because I knew I was granted a great chance, a great help and that I must do my best to justifie that.

I don't know what happened in the minds of all those people to change their hearts like that, but it really doesn't matter now, I think. I'm just gratefull.

And it proves, beyond and without any pathetic, that anything is possible and anything can be repaired, only if you put your heart in it.

Im a firm beleiver in that something good always comes out of something bad and wow that is simply amazing and you certanly deserve a massive :hug:...oh sod it and another :hug:..

It must have been a very difficult time for you....strange when you now look back sometimes it feels somehow as if it were someone else going through that situation.

What an amazing story of dedication in striving for what you beleive in..well done :hug:

Does your daughter now live with you now that you have got the buisness up and running ?

but it really sounds more horrible when said aloud, than I felt it at a time. I was rushing through all of it and didn't really think "ah, poor me", or something, it would be a waste of time.

It's just life, I think :)

My Iva is with me now, she's 5, messing with my files and saying - I wanna do nails when I grow up :green:

:) I owe my second husband big time, for totally supporting me financialy and emotionaly, my first husband had no interest in anything i would like to do.
I have put an awfull lot into geting my mobile business up and running succesfully, but without my husband understanding my need to do it I would not be doing it today.
Im a very lucky girl.:hug:

Although I have a very loving and supportive family, I've never asked for help. I did it all on my own.

I've raised my daughter totally on my own, without any financial support from anyone so maybe that has given me the passion and drive to give her a good life. We've been truly blessed and I've never considered myself a 'single parent'.

I'm a fighter and very ballsy so I guess that helps.

If you really want something in life, you can make it happen. xxx

My Husband is FANTASTICO .....

Hes supported me the whole way ..... I love him to bits xxxx mmmwhhaa

So much so hes taken a body piercing course and will be moving into my salon ooops OUR salon very shortly lol

Have to say my other half has been more than good to me he built and designed our house and my salon himself!! It was a tough few years of blood sweat and tears and we still have alot to do inside but it is an absolute credit to him! He wrote down all the stuff i wanted and designed my salon its beautiful with its own separate tanning room so clean i would not be in the postion today without him he layed the floors all the tiles helped me paint everything!! I guess we forget how good they have been when time passes by. Good thread collin:lol::lol:

My hubby is the most supportive and helpful person in my life. He supports me in anything I do and I have driven him to distraction with all the challenges the nail industry has given me. He has picked me up and scraped me off the floor when I've been down, encouraged me all the way as well as used his wonderful carpentry skills whenever needed for my work space.

As wonderful as he is though, I know I would have still been able to run my own business without his help because I have the skill, dedication and drive to do it. It may have been harder but I would still have achieved everything I have already.

Great thread Collin!:)

My husband is totally supportive of me (which is great cos both sets of parents think my career is just playing!!).

He knew I needed a career change to shake me up and was there for me all the way. He was there to practice on when I was training, he takes over childcare when I'm out evenings and weekends. When he comes home after work he will pass on marketing tips for my leaflets and my website. When my website won't update he's there sorting it for me (bless him!).

I probably could have done it without him, but I am SO glad I didn't have to because it's lovely to share the achievement with him.

I love all the other replies on this thread too.

Anna x

My poor partner has been dragged to shows, made work at shows, woken up with nails on, been forced to wear spray tan, forced to hand over the credit card, has to listen to me go on and on and on and about nails, about crap politics in teaching, devised my slide show for my oral presentation for my teaching diploma that was commended by the examiner, put the salon furniture together, listen to me moan about salon, hugged me when I'm crying, listens when I have a crazy hair brained idea, has taken full responsibility for the dog who I'm too exhausted to walk, takes midday phone calls from me asking him to do banking, makes flyers and posters for the salon, drives me to work and picks me up so I dont have to pay parking and best of all whisked me away to Benalmadena on monday for 2 nights cos I was stressed.............. LOVE Him. I am the crazy go, go, go one and he's the chilled one. We work perfectly together and I realised (in benalmadena) that I am no fun to be around sometimes and he does this all for me anyway cos he wants me to be happy :Love:

Latest posts

Back