CPD points?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
Sorry for being a bit thick but what do cpd points mean? I'm new :/

Hours of Continuous Professional Development

How do you know how many cpd points you have?

What advantage does knowing how many points you have give you ?
Sorry I do not know about these either ?

I'm suprised no one knows to be honest. Do colleges not teach you this anymore?!

You get a cpd point for every hour of further education you do.
So it's a big advantage to know!

Think of 2 people going for a job....

One has college training and hasn't attended any further courses/education

The other has college training and has attended 35 hours worth of courses (35 points)

Which is more likely to be considered?!

Oo I didn't know this either, have heard of it but never really knew what it meant! I shall be counting up my hours now!

I'm glad you have enlightened me Matthew because my college didn't mention this at all! Do all courses earn you cpd points or just certain ones? I am very interested to know a bit more about this now.

Just to add that many professional bodies require that you do a certain number of CPD hours per year in order for you to continue being a member. It doesn't just have to be courses that you attend - you can also get CPD points for research, reading and relevant voluntary work. However, different organisations specify you can only count so much research etc towards your yearly total and you need to be able to provide evidence of what you've done incase you're checked. Hope that helps.

wow i never knew anything about this at all. this is important stuff, ill have to try and total mine up? how can i find out if the course i have already done issued me points???

wow i never knew anything about this at all. this is important stuff, ill have to try and total mine up? how can i find out if the course i have already done issued me points???

Give them a call x

Latest posts

Back