Cracking at sidewalls?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
:| Has anyone used Raptor tips with Gel???? I ask becuse I have used the Raptor tips a lot and find they look great, the sidewalls must be thinned though. The problems I have is when using Gel (Normally use L&P) the clients come back with cracks at the sidewalls just at the end of their finger...does that make sense??? I do thin the tips but still have this problem....anyone else??

Thanks & Happy NewYear Geeks
Sam
X

I have had this happen to me, but i've not used raptor tips. I found it was because i hadn't put enough product on the sidewalls. But you still have to keep it thin. Plus you need to make sure the apex is built to build strength at the weakest point of the nail, other wise your clients may cause the sides to crack if they catch their nails. If the apex isn't strong enough the nails will bend hence causing the sides to break.

The other thought i had was what adhesive do you use? This does break down after a while, which is why sculpting is a good thing to do, they are stronger. Hope this helps.

talented talons said:
I have had this happen to me, but I've not used raptor tips. I found it was because i hadn't put enough product on the sidewalls. But you still have to keep it thin. Plus you need to make sure the apex is built to build strength at the weakest point of the nail, other wise your clients may cause the sides to crack if they catch their nails. If the apex isn't strong enough the nails will bend hence causing the sides to break.

The other thought i had was what adhesive do you use? This does break down after a while, which is why sculpting is a good thing to do, they are stronger. Hope this helps.

The added flexibility of gel (as opposed to Liquid and Powder) and the fineness of the products at the side walls often causes this to happen until you are completely experienced at how much gel you are adding in the sidewall and apex area.

Although professional tip adhesive Eventually breaks down with time and exposure to water, it does not normally take place within the time frame of a tip growing off!! In other words, the adhesive will last as long as it takes for a tip to grow off the area of the nail you are talking about.

geeg said:
Although professional tip adhesive Eventually breaks down with time and exposure to water, it does not normally take place within the time frame of a tip growing off!! In other words, the adhesive will last as long as it takes for a tip to grow off the area of the nail you are talking about.

Thanks for that Geeg, i wasn't sure if it could break down quicker if it was a cheap adhesive or something, i'm glad i know it should last as long as a tip growing out.:)

talented talons said:
Thanks for that Geeg, i wasn't sure if it could break down quicker if it was a cheap adhesive or something, i'm glad i know it should last as long as a tip growing out.:)

If the adhesive was super glue or similar or a really cheap type, it could break down more quickly, but anyone using a branded professional adhesive should not expect this to happen in Under a couple of months really.

Latest posts

Back