Creative L&P Pinks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this and see what yours are...

I bought some Flawless Pink at Excel the other weekend as I had heard all about it on here from you guys, tried it out on myself on Sunday and found it SO weird!!!

It's a really milky texture isn't it? I suppose it has to be if it covers a multitude of sins, but it looked really odd when I was used to using the "Normal Pink"... The end result is nice, I am still sitting on the fence a bit with the look mind you!

I also used soft white, which again I hadn't used before... I like the soft white, but not sure if it sits to well with the flawless, or maybe it's just me cos I am not used to it! I found the soft white went on nicely and seemed easier to control too.. Is that my imagination? :o

Also, the day after Excel I had a half day's Nail Surgery to polish up (No pun intended.) on a few things as it's only been since Sept when I did my Foundation, and as my normal tutor was off that day I was lucky enough to have Kelly Swain tutor me, fresh from her Excel win I hasten to add!

And Kelly suggested that I try the Intense Pink, which my model and I loved:D .. Wow! Looked so fab and when we applied Yello-Out on top, it just seemed to come to life even more.

So now I have three pinks, Intense is my fave at the mo'... And I have the two whites... So, fellow Geeks, what else whould I try, what other powders will excite me as much! LOL! :Scared:

PS: I have the shimmer / glitter powders already.

Miss B. x

Miss_Biscuit said:
I bought some Flawless Pink at Excel the other weekend as I had heard all about it on here from you guys, tried it out on myself on Sunday and found it SO weird!!!
Try blending flawless with perfect pink, I like a blend of around 1part flawless to 3 parts perfect pink - to snaz it up a bit try 1/2 part glimmer in there too.

Miss_Biscuit said:
So now I have three pinks, Intense is my fave at the mo'... And I have the two whites... So, fellow Geeks, what else whould I try, what other powders will excite me as much! LOL! :Scared:
PS: I have the shimmer / glitter powders already.
Go for the custom blending kit. Brilliant introduction into creating a unique blend/ tone for each client, they love it, it looks so natural. allows you to extend the length of their nail bed and smile line depth without fear of seeing the natural smile line. Plus you can charge a premium for it.
The custom kit gives you a small size of the metro and mosaic range as well as the base colours. HTH

Envy said:
Try blending flawless with perfect pink, I like a blend of around 1part flawless to 3 parts perfect pink - to snaz it up a bit try 1/2 part glimmer in there too.

I did this for a client with bitten nails last week, it looked fabulous! I didn't use glimmer though, will try that next time. It was enough to cover the mess of the natural nail but not as creamy as the flawless alone. My client was very happy with the result. :biggrin:

definately go for the custom blending kit - you can play for hours and get some ammazing blends - i still love intense pink though, i did mine last week and everyone has commented - fab colour

Hi Miss B,
You mentioned that you used yello out over the intense pink, I've never heard of it, is it made by creative?
If you like the intense colour try - 2 parts flawless, 4 parts intense. This gives a great pink that is also opaque. To make it even pinker I sometimes add a teeny tiny pinch of red too, it's a bit BARBIE xxx

Thanks for your replies, interesting reading.

What is this Custom Blending kit exactly? I have not seen it before. What comes in the kit?

In aswer to the question about Yello-Out, yes I got it from the One Stop Nail Shop and it is a UV top Coat that makes the white whiter and the pink pinker! Very shiny and hardwearing.. Looks lovely, my model and I both bought a bottle!

Latest posts

Back